Skaz's Bike fixing thread

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
now that im feeling better its time to start this expensive ordeal....

i finally got my bike back home after shelling out 400 bucks for it to sit in a field for 10 days...(im in the wrong business)

so far what i can tell is that i need a stator cover and to either repair or replace my main wiring harness. the exaust that i got from greenbean it pretty tore up but i have my stock exhaust. the right peg is pretty screwed but i have buell pegs. and of course plastics...

Im going to take Cookie's advise and get one of those woodcraft covers with the slider. pashnit has it for 174 TDY. best price ive seen so far. found a wiring harness on ebay for 269 so im debating on that one.

the plastics... ebay(moto-777) has kits for the 08 for about 800 TYD im thinking about that as the price is low enough and im sure when i start going to trackdays im going to drop it again..

at the bottom you can see the back tire which i believe was the culprit. and then the tire that came in on the 11th... that i ordered 3 weeks ago...

100_2117.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2119.jpg

100_2120.jpg

100_2121.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2123.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

Sorry about the bike mess. Glad you're feeling better.

One of my riding buddies just mounted Angel ST's front and rear. He really likes them. He said they track very well, and don't pull into the groves on the road like his Pilot Roads did. He claims they are smoother, quieter, and have more grip. I'm going to put a set on my FJR to see how they hold up on that when I start riding again.

The new angel st tire...... looks sweet.. let us know how you like that one.

Glad you are feeling better now.... think i would spend the bucks on the wire harness.

good luck on the repairs..... is the frame ok?

glad to see you are feeling a little batter anyway....you will love the Pirelli's, i've never used the Angel but love the Corsa III''s and Diablo Strada's :beerchug:

Well am sure glad you are in one piece to put the bike back together..

have heard mixed reviews on the ebay plastics.. (ill fitting etc) Might be better served to find some good take offs?

new harness for sure... the electronic controls do not cope well with spliced wires as a rule..

that old tire has the profile of a truck tire... Tough lesson to learn about tires for sure.. that thing makes me nervous just looking at it..

Super glad you are alright, buddy. Did I miss your get off thread? Just waking up here,,, That Angel ST is a great looking tyre. We'll do what we can to help you get back up and running! Keep us posted!
icon14.gif

Super glad you are alright, buddy. Did I miss your get off thread? Just waking up here,,, That Angel ST is a great looking tyre. We'll do what we can to help you get back up and running! Keep us posted!
icon14.gif

...lol you posted in it and recommended the stator cover that im getting...

that sucks..

Dont get that ebay plastics!!..just get the oem ones You need there for sale everywhere and on ebay used..and change the harness also..

gl on the rebuild..

what about putting some streetfighter plastics on. just the belly pan and a headlight, you'd be at like 700 bucks.

Price OEM color matched before going to ebay. You might be surprised. As they say you get what you pay for.

Is the frame alright ?

frame is GTG all my bike did was just lay down on the left side and slid down the road till it stopped.

Those cheap EBAY plastics won't fit worth a crap. I would find someone with factory take offs or you won't be happy...

...lol you posted in it and recommended the stator cover that im getting...
Sorry, bro,, a lot happening on my end, too. ,,had to rush my Mom to the hospital. Broke her ankle at a grocery store puddle of melted ice. frazzled to say the least. this must be the month for things to happen

frame is GTG all my bike did was just lay down on the left side and slid down the road till it stopped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mechanical engineer for Suzuki or anyone else for that matter, but these bikes are built with weight in mind and it doesn't take much to make a frame toast. Good luck with the build and I hope the healing process goes well for you.

update. Lightning struck my house and fried my 5k gaming computer, 2 cable modems, 2 routers, 3 other computers and a switch. after that i got my hospital bill i only have to pay 20% but.... thats a big 20% lol.

so yeah its going to be a little while longer till i get back on teh road

Back