Blew it up.....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Yep, while trying to remove the front axle on the wife's new ride! My front axle tool went kaboom.... Here's some pictures of the aftermath!
Still haven't budge the axle, working on getting it done tonight! Soaked it all night in WD40, may have to put some heat to it if this doesn't work.
Its a 2003 GSXR600 :whistle:

tool 002.jpg

Maybe it's rust, has it ever had the "River Mod" done to it? :moon:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You'll be a while living this one down! :cheerleader:

You could try removing the axle nut form the oposite side? :whistle:

Last edited:
Yep, while trying to remove the front axle on the wife's new ride! My front axle tool went kaboom.... Here's some pictures of the aftermath!
Still haven't budge the axle, working on getting it done tonight! Soaked it all night in WD40, may have to put some heat to it if this doesn't work.
Its a 2003 GSXR600 :whistle:

Turn the torque down on that 1" impact gun of yours :banghead:

Ya know da Bug loosened the pinch bolts on right side of bike :poke:

AND THIS STILL HAPPENED... So, I'm thinking last owner might of used lock tight! ???

Sound like a job for the flame wrench!

Not too much though!

I have the same bike (2003 GSX-R 600) and had the same problem when removing my front axle. I ended up using a hardened steel nut remover from Sears. The outside diameter of the extractor fit perfectly into the front axle. Then I put my 1/2" drive ratchet on there with a breaker bar, and easy peasy it was done. This method has worked about 6 times since then, and I have stripped nut extractors if I need them too.

This set is more expensive than the one I purchase. The set I bought only had 5 pieces and did not come with a case. It cost about $10 as it was on sale.

Here is something similar to what I bought.

Craftsman 10 pc. Damaged Bolt/Nut Remover Set, Low Profile Bolt-Out

00952166000-1?hei=248&wid=248&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0.jpg

Back