Busa or M109r

Hello out there!!!

I got a lil situation that is bugging the heck outa me and I would like some input from those of you that have experience on both bikes.

Just in case it matters, I'm 25...6' and 230lbs. I'm trying to decide what my next bike will be and I'm looking to purchase very soon. Most of my experience has been on 750s and Busa's, but the 109r has gotten my attention big time.

Problem is, dealerships here will not allow test rides and I don't know anyone that has one so I've never ridden a 9. Infact, I've never ridden a cruiser at all.

My style of riding.... I'm not into racing and doing crazy ish on the street, but I do enjoy hitting a few twisties now and then. I really want to be able to go on long trips with my next bike as well.

Also, all of the people I will be riding with ride sport bikes. Could I keep up on the 9?

Thanks for reading all this. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Keep the shiny side up!!

Welcome! U have def landed in the right place for advice. I personally owned a 9er, but am the proud owner of a bouncing 08 busa and WOULD NOT trade her for anything except another busa! I love it. Very comfy for bigger guys and has capabilities only achievable by the busa. Whatever u chose though good luck and ride safe. Also if u decide to go with the 109, u r welcome to stick around.
Posted via Mobile Device

I Personally could not make up my mind so I Got Both................

The 109 I Cruise On..........Smell the Trees, See the Birds, WOW Look at Her, etc........

The BUSA is just a BALLZ to WALL Rocket that gets me from A to B in a Split Second.

Tough Choice but If I had to Give One Up it would be the............................Chevy HHR :)

BUSAORANGE09 013.jpg

Last edited:
Busa would be my 1st pick! Then the 109r! Both bikes are neat,,,but the busa gets my vote!:muscle::super::superman:

I have NO Problems with My 109. You have to Slam it in Gear sometimes but ::wtf: its a V-Twin 1800 CC...............:thumbsup:

a cruiser has its place, I have had a few, but I always go back to the sportbike. I just get board watching the trees go by and that where I get in trouble!

I Personally could not make up my mind so I Got Both................

The 109 I Cruise On..........Smell the Trees, See the Birds, WOW Look at Her, etc........

The BUSA is just a BALLZ to WALL Rocket that gets me from A to B in a Split Second.

Tough Choice but If I had to Give One Up it would be the............................Chevy HHR :)

luv that blue/white color!

After riding several cruisers the 109 feels very heavy in the front, just my :2cents:

Back in April I traded my 08 M109R for the 04 Busa I now have. The main reason being that I wanted to get back into sportbikes and couldn't afford two bikes. If I could have kept the M109R I would have. It is a fun bike to ride and is surprisingly fast for a cruiser. I'm a member on the M109riders.com forum as well. I've read about the 2nd gear and clutch cable breakage issues but most owners don't have problems. The things I didn't like about the bike was the clunky shifting from 1st to 2nd and the lack of cornering clearance. For such a big bike it does handle surprisingly well and it's sad that it doesn't have bit more clearance. It's also a shame that Suzuki chose not to give the M109R a hydraulic clutch. Bottom line is that many bikes have some model specific mechanical issues. I wouldn't let the problems some people have experienced with their M109R's scare you away from the bike. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, it's one of the best performance cruisers on the market and a definate head turner.

All that said if money wasn't an object I'd probably get a V-rod Muscle or definately a new V-Max. Although in my opinion the V-Max really isn't in the same category as the M109R or Muscle.

Lotta bias feedback in here...lol...i ride both have both...love both...boulevard 10 times more comfortable but is heavy. Busa is fast but is also heavy. If u like cornering ur gonna miss the 750. Busa will corner as far as your ability will allow. The bully will corner as far as the bike will allow...low clearance. You will more than likely put more miles on the bullly and get less tickets. Its the best of both worlds. Has the torque u need to get in front has the comfort to enjoy the ride. You will like both. I think the boulevard for the dollar is the better buy. If its not a money issue..get both.

A buddy has a M109, He is an ex racer, traded in an R1 for it, he never thought that he would ever ride a cruiser, but he loves it. You should see the looks he gets when he's railing through the twisties behind some sport bikes and they look back and he is right on their butts. They can't believe it.

Back