Another Awesome weekend. Strange but good

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/scenic/rusticroads.htm
Saturday in Cheeseland it was WINDY, Dreary, and Cold. Velociraptor and I decided we were taking our daughters on the "Rustic Roads Tour". The "tour" was about 146 miles with frequent stops for pictures. Wisconsin has what they call "Rustic Roads" they range from .5 miles to about 10 miles long. If you ride, yes ride not drive, 10 of them and take your picture with you, your bike and the road sign, and send the pictures in to the state you get a patch. If you do 25 you get a certificate. I found a route that we hit 12 roads on. We spent about 12 hours with our daughters Saturday. What a great time, Dads and their daughters on bikes for a day of riding. My daughter is 14, Velociraptors is 16/17.

Sunday was even better. About 70, sunny and little or no wind.
Velociraptor and his daughter spent the day with BBB, my daughter and I moving. BBB and moved on Sunday and Velociraptor blew off riding to help us move. He and his daughter were a great help. Thanks to them we were able to move everything in 1 day.

Thanks Bro for the help again.
And pictures will be posted as soon as we find the camera. It is lost from the move..

Last edited:
We spent about 12 hours with our daughters Saturday. What a great time, Dads and their daughters on bikes for a day of riding. My daughter is 14, Velociraptors is 16/17.

Sunday was even better. About 70, sunny and little or no wind.
Velociraptor and his daughter spent the day with BBB, my daughter and I moving. BBB and moved on Sunday and Velociraptor blew off riding to help us move. He and his daughter were a great help. Thanks to them we were able to move everything in 1 day.

Thanks Bro for the help again.
And pictures will be posted as soon as we find the camera. It is lost from the move..

Good times man! :thumbsup:
I can not wait until my daughter is old enough to ride w/ me!

anytime bro, michelle and i had fun both days :). still working debi on going with her scoot on our new "quest" :thumbsup:

adding a challenge....no roads over 35mph ;)

anytime bro, michelle and i had fun both days :). still working debi on going with her scoot on our new "quest" :thumbsup:

adding a challenge....no roads over 35mph ;)

Sounds good. Yes our new "Quest" for this weekend will be a blast. But we can not let it out yet what we are doing this weekend. We need to make these folks wait and see:laugh:

OK, camera has been found. Here are some pics from the ride. These are some of the ones we are sending in for our patches.
This was taken by a very nice Wind Lake Police officer.
JC and his daughter Michelle and Me and my daughter Krista on the right
P1070442.jpg

P1070442.jpg

Last edited:
P1070475.jpg
Some will remember this location. Last year at the MnG we stopped at this school at the end of Snake road and rested. This is that school but looking at it from the north instead.

P1070475.jpg

Now these are pictures the same location from last year but looking north from the parking lot.
2175081960041648459kdZBiQ_ph.jpg

2338445120041648459jBgGzw_ph.jpg

2175081960041648459kdZBiQ_ph.jpg

2338445120041648459jBgGzw_ph.jpg

yep i +1 on the daughters and dads rideing...its one of both of my daughters favorite past times....mine are 16 and 12 and been on my bikes rideing with me (up and down the driveway) before they could walk ...and the youngest's favorite words are "faster daddy"

This weekend coming up we are going to take pictures of every post office in every little town in Racine county. We will be traveling to each by way of county road or smaller. No State highways or bigger. Should be fun.

Back