Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

sorry i wasn't thinking Boss is right, PCV and Bazzaz only, even then i would use it as a starting post not as a direct replacement.

Just an addition for those still stuck in the thinking of doing mode >>>>> would have to be the easiest user friendly software that I have used. The highlighted fuel cell in IAP is brilliant.
But then Petrik set out to design a software I believe to make it easy for the dyno tuner ........... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED SIR :bowdown:
:beerchug:

Here are a few more pics, a lot of people are having a rough time inserting the ECU pins, this is an absolute must to get correct. if you dont hear the pin CLICK then don't bother trying to view gauge data or flash, it wont work.

First off remove the orange cap so you can see how far in the connector all the factory pins are, they all bottom out. Yours must also bottom out, or they wont touch the pins on the ECU, and device can't work if the pins dont make contact.

DSC_1399.jpg

Make sure you are inserting the pin with with the right orientation.

DSC_1400.jpg

When I did mine, i popped the connector back off slightly so I could see if the wires were going all the way in from the back. I took a pair of needle nose and squeezed the pin a little bit from side to side, that seems to be the issue, the connector slots are real narrow, so the pin needs to be very skinny going in.

DSC_1402.jpg

Notice how my pins all bottom out now

DSC_1403.jpg

When all done I took some electrical tape and routed my 2 wire harness over to yosh and sds plugs, and taped it all back up so it looks 100% factory

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1405.jpg

I left the larger harness on so I can just plug the box in, in the tail for quick and easy flashing

DSC_1406.jpg

DSC_1407.jpg

DSC_1408.jpg

DSC_1410.jpg

Lookz Great Greg! Nice Clean Install! :thumbsup: To Bad you couldn't locate the Faster Color 08 though(Org/Blk)?? :whistle: :laugh:.........Sorry Bud, I just had Too :poke: :lol:

Good stuff Greg ................ what I have been telling guys that are buying the kit is when you look at the pin on the 2 wire loom, one edge is rolled this goes up to the side of the ECU plug with the disconnect button on it. I have found when you look at the plug they are being decieved that the larger of the holes is where the pin on ecu enters where as you know it's the smaller of the holes.
Hope I'm not stepping on your toes here Greg just had three people so far I have had to send new looms to because they got a bit to ambitous pressing them in :whistle: I have fitted about 6 looms and not a problem doing so far.

ECU Plug.JPG

Last edited:
But then Petrik set out to design a software I believe to make it easy for the dyno tuner ........... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED SIR :bowdown:
:beerchug:

Agree, this is the missing link (for most) at the moment. I'll still jump in the boat rigth now though, so I can clean up the cable mess from my speed delimiter solution and use some of the nice features in the software.

its completely possible to tune these on the dyno, a number of dyno shops tune with ECU, not in comparison to those that you use power commanders, but give it time. I wasn't in the bike world when laptop tuning started with motorcycles, but I bet that took a little time to catch on when tuners were used to swapping jets in carbs LOL

Toxsick ................ here's the fast colour being made even faster :thumbsup:
Greg the only prob with the slower black/blue colours is they can leave you black and blue from the buffeting of the wake turbulence as a Jaffa goes past ya :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Busa Flashing.jpg

yes

and also eliminates the need for:

6th gear de-restrictor
ignition module
hub
map switch
TRE/X-TRE
Air shifter kill box
etc
etc
etc

Sweet. Looks like I'll be doing this mod. How much time does it take to make the cable yourself? From what i'm reading it looks like the software is free and you have to purchase the cable, right? How much is the cable? Also, it looks like you have to add some pins to the ECU cable, right? This looks like a project to do on some idle saturday...

Last edited:
this is what i sell that is professionally built and tested by me, with very detailed instructions and instructional videos, obviously you can build it cheaper. Comes down to do you enjoy DIY stuff and figuring it out on your own or just buying a ready to go unit

ECU Flashing

Greg

Does the org have any maps posted for this program? I mean, once I have the full Yosh exhaust and a simple air filter...do we have any maps posted that I could upload?

Also...will the cable work on my buddies GSXR-1000 or would it need to be modded? Would we have to purchase additional pins for his ECU as well?

Last edited:
Will only work on Gen II hayabusa, nothing for the 1000's from me sorry. We have a spot on sh.org for gen 1 maps, nothing really official on gen II yet but I could put something up on my site if needed. At the moment the only map I have is for a gen II with stock air filter and brock gen 3 pipe.

Though OS BOSS just mapped his bike, i think it was a yosh, but dont want to dig through this huge thread at the moment lol.

Oh okay cool. I'll probably end up getting the bike tuned on the dyno after the exhaust and when I do I'll see if I can upload the map if someone can host it on the org.

Will only work on Gen II hayabusa, nothing for the 1000's from me sorry. We have a spot on sh.org for gen 1 maps, nothing really official on gen II yet but I could put something up on my site if needed. At the moment the only map I have is for a gen II with stock air filter and brock gen 3 pipe.

Though OS BOSS just mapped his bike, i think it was a yosh, but dont want to dig through this huge thread at the moment lol.

whoo hooo, just got the stuff from smithbusa and did my rpm ,gear limiter and hard cut on both ecu's really nice stuff, cant wait to get in alittle deeper thanks smithbusa

Back