Busa Can't Handle........

Dude, the busa is a carver in the right hands, some folks just love to hate.

Carver in the left hands too~!~ :laugh:

proof of the busa turning ability...

Picture096.jpg

turned so low the farings drug the ground

Here's what the gen two looks like after scraping ...

battle scars.jpg

Dragging hard parts is always a bad thing. Suspension setup and riding form need some attention if that is happening.

I would agree...suspension set up plays a big part in the handling aspecs of the Busa. I posted the picture where my fairing dragged about 8 inches from the bottom and admitted (on the original thread) that this was probably due to poor suspension set up.

Nevertheless, it's a scratch on the girl that I'm not ashamed to show, suspension at fault or not~!~

I pulled into the garage that evening and told my wife...honey, come here I have something to show you. She said she could tell it was something sort of serious but not too bad because of the smile on my face :laugh:

I do agree with what you say Tuf, and have no faults in that opinion. But if we owned 250 ex's and had the forum discussing that bike, you know 50% of the riders on that forum would says they could out handle a Busa! LoL

The Busa with the identical rider side by side on a Gixxer 750 in tight twisties is probably gonna lose. That being said, most riders out there are not identical riders...and we all know how that goes.

Used to be<>to ride a bike of this statute the rider grew in his/her days and had some experience under his/her belt. Nowadays you might as well pull up beside someone that's 18 on the biggest baddest bike they make this side of Pluto and has an inch wide used spot in the middle of the tire.

Last edited:
Giving the busa credit where credit is due, the busa does a superb job at cornering for being handicapped with a girth the size of Rossi Odonald.

Damn you~!~!~!~ :banghead:

Now I have this picture in my head riding Rosie to work and back~!~

:laugh:

To turn the Busa, you have to stop, lower the kick stand, pivot the Busa on the kick stand, and point it in the direction you wish to go. :whistle:

Never argue with idiots, they will beat you down with experience.

I get the biggest thrill when someone follows me off the track into the paddock, lifts his faceshield and says,"WOW, I thought that was a Hayabusa!" (this is not a statement of my skill, it refers to how capable the bike is mixin it up with the big boys, of course racers are faster....it's just that my Hayabusa has proved to be a wonderful track bike!)

I don't care what anyone says(nor should any of us), I just know the validity of my personal experience.
If someone passes my Busa, I know there're going REALLY fast!
Knowledgable motorcyclists know a Busa's capabilities....others, who cares?
Doyle

MF1A0203.JPG

MF1A1311.jpg

MF1A1348.JPG

MF1A1383.JPG

MF1A3494.JPG

I have a photo album on facebook titled "For everyone who thinks busas can't turn." Here are a few of the pictures in it. I got all of them from a thread on here where someone asked for pictures of busa riders dragging knee to show to a salesman at his local dealer who had this same mentality.

aaaa.jpg

prpv.jpg

post-6-39591-bash08_1.jpg

Attachments

• CharlesBusa.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
I have heard the catch cry "Busa's don't handle" many times also :rofl: my reply to this is usually >>>>>>>>>>> learn how to ride :rofl:
Also the "It looks like a BUS" which is when I would walk them to the rear of the bike and say >>>>>>>>>>> don't worry about it as this is the only view you will have of it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
As for scratching hard bits............... get off the bike more and off the brakes and on the power earlier and it will give the front more clearance ?
Yeah I'm an old bloke ............... and most of the other old blokes will remember when you HAD to get of the bike or it wouldn't turn :whistle:
:beerchug:

GMMEC07 >>>>>>>>>>> your last pic is a ripper

Last edited:
Hey, I got a photo like that too. :laugh:

It was actually a little scary. Railing through the corners on Hwy 1 from Leggett out to the coast, 22 miles of twists, was getting pretty leaned over and really movin'. Thought to myself that the bike could be leaned over a little more, so next left hander, really railed into it, and scrappppeee.... ah crap. :laugh: Leaned it so far over, scrapped up the fairing.

123_2361_scrapped.jpg

Eventually figured that knee pugs made more sense than fairings. :beerchug: Only people that say stuff like that really don't know anything about this motorcycle.

Doubt you could convince them otherwise, even with photographic evidence.

displayimage.php

scrapes_Picture096.jpg

155865d1251406402-busa-cant-handle-battle-scars.jpg

123_2361_scrapped.jpg

scrapes_Picture096.jpg

Back