my first day at kilkare drag strip

run some different sprokets..maybe down 1 and up 2 or 3...get that 60 foot down you should be about 145 mph and 9.4 in no time

i dont have anything to compare to kilkare. never been anywhere else. how does it rate? good bad ...

Kil-Kare sucks as far as tracks go. In the past it was hit or miss on runs because of the bad track prep. Seems this year they have been using the VHT pretty good so it's better. But most importantly, the shut down area isn't long enough for a true 1/4-mile so the faster you go the more of a pucker factor you may have...

If you want to be impressed by an Ohio track make a trip up to Norwalk... ;)

You've got Edgewater and Tristate somewhat close also but they aren't really that great either. Norwalk is where it's at... :beerchug:

Good luck at Kil-Kare today though, it's where I went 9's first time on a BUSA... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was a good time yesterday. Still the 9's remain illusive to me:mad2: It was hot though. For around here anyway. Around 87 I THink. However I Did consistently better this time as a whole. Last week I was all over the map from as good as a 10.2 to 10.9 this time my times were almost all from the 10.2 to 10.5 range. minus the bad spinouts which i dont count. so even though i didnt get a 9 my times did in fact improve over all. getting my 60ft time to improve is the key. i still am hesitant to crank it hard in first gear mainly concerned with wheeling. hence my times are a bit slow. just need to get more accustom to it. this is after all only my second time. that said i hope to be able to get it by the end of season which is the end of September. I got 4 more bike days to go. Bad part is that i work in the evening and will have to try to get some comp time built up to take off. oh well. ill keep at it.

Oh and for some reason kilkare shut the track down at 820pm instead of 9 like they were supposed to. no reason given???:firing:. that was b.s.:wtf:

Oh and for some reason kilkare shut the track down at 820pm instead of 9 like they were supposed to. no reason given???:firing:. that was b.s.:wtf:

That's minor, wait until they start draggin water on the start line and then passing the bikes up every other run since they are faster than the cars... :banghead:

well i went back to kilkare on the 11th and my times were much improved. still no nines but my best time was 10.12. 60ft. 1.67 and end was around $137mph i think. the improvement was that instead of launching from 2500 to 3000rpms i increased it to 4500 to 5000 rpms. i found it easier to feather the clutch at this rpm range. Im looking forward to this tues. I just lowered it 2inches with brocks lowering links. i should be in the nines now. hoping so anyway:please:

I went back to kilkare today and finally did it! I hit the nines... trying to up load a pic

08252009 001.jpg

The funny thing is, i actually ran a 9.89 and have pics of the run i will post but the lady at the shack gave me the wrong paper...:banghead: oh well this one is just about as good..lol
this is a paper of my friend that ran my bike. of course i got about 40lbs on him.. he really nailed it. not bad for pipes and a pc. and lowered.

08252009 002.jpg

here is the sequence for the 9.89 run i had that i aint got the sheet for:banghead: i was amazed when my wife told me thats what the run was. I made her show it to me on the camera before i believed it.:laugh:

kilkare082509 092.jpg

kilkare082509 095.jpg

kilkare082509 097.jpg

kilkare082509 098.jpg

getting ready to shut down for the evening. well thats the highlights folks. It was such a blast.

kilkare082509 161.jpg

Congrats on your 9-second passes... :beerchug:

I knew you would get it, it just takes practice... :thumbsup:

Have you done ALL of the mod's that Brock recommends...?

If so, something is not right based on your MPH. You should be going mid-140's at your weight and high-140's with a jockey. Have you had it tuned or have you tried Brock's map...?

Back