Rearsets

fillmore nyc

Registered
Do any of the available rearset foot controls actually make the bike more comfortable for long leggers?? I currently have the Buell footpegs on the stock mounts, but I noticed if I dont slide my foot back on the peg during aggressive cornering, my shoe contacts the ground.
I really like the added legroom of the Buells, so I was wondering if any of the rearsets move the peg down as well as back, or at least make the bike more comfortable than it was stock?
The factory legroom was a real issue till I installed the Buells.

there are some cornering experts here that can give you advice as far as foot positon for cornering. the buell pegs are the lowest foot position i believe. vortex, satos, and other aftermarket rearsets also move the foot front or back maybe 10mm, i cant remember. but i don't think they go as low as the buells. i have vortex and i like them very much

I also have to Vortex, I love them, and they a full adjustable. I also love the fact that your foot wont slip off the Vortex under agressive riding. The first after market rearsets I had were made by Yana Shinki, and they totally suck, The shifter side had striping problems and the peg surface could be slippery. Since going with Vortex the only problem is the loss of the rear brake switch. But even that can be fixed.

Vortex down and back all the way helps...LMK if you need a set and we have the brake switchs as well...same units I have on three bikes... :beerchug:

DSCF1341.jpg

The deal is unless you have a turbo bike almost all rearsets will stop close to same point as the buell pegs,bling is only other reason to have them with stock or almost any exhaust as that is lowest point,back a tiny bit is all you may gain...the ones i have made go fatherest back/down of any on the market

Picture 2890.jpg

Great question. For those that have the Vortex rearsets (or something similar), does the lack of rubber on the peg (like the stock pegs) make any noticeable difference in comfort on the arch of the foot?

Back