Finally have a baseline. Let the fun begin!

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Finaly got everything caligrated with Luci's data logger. I owe the Professor big props for helping me get to this point. The Inovative hardware is \good, but their instructions have some problems. Professor also shared alot of the Busa specific sensor information that it took him alot of time to figure out. I'd still be tweaking without that. Thanks Professor.

Looks like I'm running a bit on the rich side when cruising, and a little on the lean side when on it.

Luci_Baseline.jpg

Last edited:
perhaps after several thousand or more posts the majority of us will know what the heck this chart is...:poke:

perhaps after several thousand or more posts the majority of us will know what the heck this chart is...:poke:

Its the readings from the wideband oxygen sensor. Ideally, the A/F ratio is 14.7:1 while cruising and 13.1:1 when running hard.

which unit are you using?

I'm logging with the INNOVATIVE SSI-4 connected to a laptop. I still have a channel that I'm not using. I'm thinking about logging speed with it, but I really don't have anything I want to do with that. The drag guys coud use it to measure clutch slip.

I'm logging with the INNOVATIVE SSI-4 connected to a laptop. I still have a channel that I'm not using. I'm thinking about logging speed with it, but I really don't have anything I want to do with that. The drag guys coud use it to measure clutch slip.
I would love to teach you the math I learned with tuning. If the 100 perecent throttle position down represents a PCIII or other map. Tell me your target AFR and I can walk you through the changes you should make to the map and why.

Actually if you hit 5-10-20% throttle postions in second gear only send me the afr data and your base map and I will rewrite it for you. I can do cruise RPMS under 5K for commuting and above for performance then you can ride and tune from there until its as good as it can get. Which exhaust and mods??

Thanks Greg. HMF single high-mount and small air-box mod. I'll see if I can get that log for you. I don't monitor while I ride, I log with the laptop in my pack, so getting specific ranges may be a challenge.

Thanks Greg. HMF single high-mount and small air-box mod. I'll see if I can get that log for you. I don't monitor while I ride, I log with the laptop in my pack, so getting specific ranges may be a challenge.
Ok, LMK love this stuff. :beerchug:

Back