After Jeanne pics

Relsek

Registered
Here are a few from Lakeland Fl. This is a trailer park a few miles from here.

DCP_0141.JPG

Here's a cool one from my friends house. The wind took this portion of a pine tree right off the top and it landed upside down on the ground.

DCP_0158.JPG

This is looking out from my back yard at the new neighborhood across the road. I don't think the vinyl fence it the way to go.

DCP_0162.JPG

I forgot to mention, the wind later picked that fence up and blew it down the other direction. This picture was taken while the eye of the hurricane was overhead.

Damn u ok man I'm chillin at the best western on lake BV in orlando what a great vacation this is the hotel lobby is flooded like all hell and the patio doors are leaking through all the rooms but we still have power so that's a plus

Damn u ok man I'm chillin at the best western on lake BV in orlando what a great vacation this is the hotel lobby is flooded like all hell and the patio doors are leaking through all the rooms but we still have power so that's a plus
We have power back again. The pool deck is a mess though, I think I'm going to have to tear the whole thing out and start again.

Not for another 2 months.
BTW - I was told that the Farmer's Almanac predicts 5 hurricanes for FL this year. Wish I lived in Wyoming.

Damn went outside to the hotel parking lot to check on my car looks like camoflage twigs and palm leaves all over it oh well coulda been worse
I think I heard hurricane season ends like nov 30 don't quote me though

Damn went outside to the hotel parking lot to check on my car looks like camoflage twigs and palm leaves all over it oh well coulda been worse
I think I heard hurricane season ends like nov 30 don't quote me though
Yeah, everything outside is camo'd, even my house. Hurricane season end in Nov is correct. Usually they are not as strong by then, but then again usually we don't have this many hit the same place. This is the third one to come through my county. The first two within about 15 miles of here and this one right over the house. The eye and everything. That was kind of neat though, being in the eye and all. It's true what they say about the eye of the storm.
tounge.gif

Give FEMA a call if you need assistance 1-800-621-3362. R.I. (Registration Intake) are good people and will point you in the right direction. FEMA can't help with everything, but we'll try and help were we can.

I can't believe FL's been hit so much this year...parts of VA are still doing cleanup from Isabel over a year ago, and that was nothing compared to what you guys have experienced.

Hope that's it for the season...no #5!!

It's really aggrevating to see all that. Sure Florida is a beautiful state, and you guys have an all-year riding season, but damn. This year, the riding season is about ALL you could brag about. I have a vested interest in Florida. My son lives in Jacksonville, I have relatives in Lakeland, and quite a few of my Busa brethren live there.
sad.gif
Really sucks because this poop stays on my mind 24/7.

It's really aggrevating to see all that.  Sure Florida is a beautiful state, and you guys have an all-year riding season, but damn.  This year, the riding season is about ALL you could brag about.  I have a vested interest in Florida.  My son lives in Jacksonville, I have relatives in Lakeland, and quite a few of my Busa brethren live there.
sad.gif
  Really sucks because this poop stays on my mind 24/7.
Don't worry about anyone, if you use a little common sense chances are you'll come out ok. It's kind of like ants in a rainstorm. Everyone hunkers down and as soon as the wind slows doen to about TS strength, we all come back out. I was so tired of being couped up that I washed both vans and the Busa while the eye was overhead. I'm sure the rest of the guys feel the same way. We are tired of hurricanes and ready for winter.

Back