Installed a shock tag holder today

busa1300nut

Registered
I helped a freind out today and cut the mud flap off and installed the shock tag bracket, he had to order the CF mini blinkers, so I,ll be installing those on Tues. Thought I,d post a before and after pic, but I didn,t think of it til I already had the tail lifted up, ( to get to the blinker wires). Plus it,s a good reason to play with my new camera.  
tounge.gif
 So here,s the before pic

<!--EDIT|busa1300nut
Reason for Edit: "can,t spel"|1096231882 -->

scoob_b.jpg

Cool Man, Looks cleaned up well. Any chance of a profile shot? I trimmed my about a year ago... I still haven't decided on a proper undertail so the trimmed will have to do for now...

Heres a shot,

Aftertrim09.jpg

From the rear... Not Hi-Jackin, just agreeing, it's one of the best Freebie mods out there. Right behind pullin off the reflectors...
biggrin.gif

aftercutting2_copy.jpg

Looks good Rev, I can post a profile later, the one I put on has holes for the blinkers to mount. But seeing yours give,s me an idea. I want to use the flush mount blinkers, and your Idea , the tag bracket is free. The one I put on was $60.00.
wink.gif

Does look good. Gettin' the mudflap off that thing is a great improvement!

Looks good Rev, I can post a profile later, the one I put on has holes for the blinkers to mount. But seeing yours give,s me an idea. I want to use the flush mount blinkers, and your Idea , the tag bracket is free. The one I put on was $60.00.  
wink.gif
Cool, Another idea is to rotate the stock bracket 180. just flip it around, it places the plate just a little higher and at little better angle...

Hi Revlis,

I love the look of this mudguard mod....I'm gonna do mine this week...any tips?...remove it or do it in place?

Thanks mate
smile.gif

I did mine while it was still on the bike, which is pretty easy. I cut off the fender to just below the license plate holder, then I drilled new holes in the licens plate in the middle so the plate would mount higher. I did that so I wouldn't have to remove the license plate bracket and move it, also I think this makes it a little more sturdy since there is more of the fender left there.

I drew the lines that I wanted with a pencil and then took a hacksaw blade(just use the blade you dont need the handle) and cut about 1/8 inch from the line I drew. Then I took a rasp and filed it down to the line and then some 150 sand paper, then some 200 and some 300 to finish. Good luck.

Back