Fav pics of my Rx8

2k4_8

Registered
Well, I am bored and FINALLY downloaded the pics from my camera, so here are some pics...some of them from local auto crossing, some of them after I had just washed and detailed it. Any opinions welcome, enjoy.

After cleaning it up pics. Rubber on right front of bumper is from cones....
Picture126.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture143.jpg

Picture146.jpg

I love the RX-8, I miss mine sometimes, was just a great handling car. My only complaint at the time and the reason I sold it was the lack of torque/HP. Mind you the fact that with the sunroof I barely fit inside, but in the end it was the lack of stones that left me wanting.

But what a terrific car. I do miss the 10000 RPM Rabid chainsaw sound. I loved the shift "tone" was the only way I ever knew to shift. Had a great time with it.

I just want the new R3 with about 300hp. I'd be in immediately.

Then I bought my 335i Coupe and drove the hell outta that, it was perfect for me accept for the whole Beamerweasel image, otherwise it was a hoot. Now? I dunno, I keep steering around the Ford Mustang and I think I might do that next. Supercharged, with some suspension work and away I go.

Enjoy the RX-8! Great fun!

I'm a fan of the clean 8s as well, the lack of wing and plastic ad-ons looks really good.

I love the RX-8, I miss mine sometimes, was just a great handling car. My only complaint at the time and the reason I sold it was the lack of torque/HP. Mind you the fact that with the sunroof I barely fit inside, but in the end it was the lack of stones that left me wanting.

But what a terrific car. I do miss the 10000 RPM Rabid chainsaw sound. I loved the shift "tone" was the only way I ever knew to shift. Had a great time with it.

I just want the new R3 with about 300hp. I'd be in immediately.

Then I bought my 335i Coupe and drove the hell outta that, it was perfect for me accept for the whole Beamerweasel image, otherwise it was a hoot. Now? I dunno, I keep steering around the Ford Mustang and I think I might do that next. Supercharged, with some suspension work and away I go.

Enjoy the RX-8! Great fun!

The bullit edition stang with some really small modifications makes for a great handling very fast car. A guy was racing one in the local stock class of SCCA and did very well.

I too don't like that it doesn't have loads of torque, but I think that the linear power that it has is very decieving. It's by no means a slow car, and many cars that people say are great and torquey are not much fast...not enough to matter at least since when a corner comes up I will pass them anyways. I absolutely fell in love with it when I test drove it...but who wouldn't being 20 and driving an Alero coupe....:lol:

I don't think the R3 is any different other than appearance though man, me...I am waiting for a couple years for the new RX to come out as the rumors have it that they will offer a coupe version again! If they are smart they will have a factory turbo option too, until then I am biding my time!:thumbsup:

Thanks all for the comments though and for taking the time to look! I knew you guys would, you're all pic whores! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

The bullit edition stang with some really small modifications makes for a great handling very fast car. A guy was racing one in the local stock class of SCCA and did very well.

I too don't like that it doesn't have loads of torque, but I think that the linear power that it has is very decieving. It's by no means a slow car, and many cars that people say are great and torquey are not much fast...not enough to matter at least since when a corner comes up I will pass them anyways. I absolutely fell in love with it when I test drove it...but who wouldn't being 20 and driving an Alero coupe....:lol:

I don't think the R3 is any different other than appearance though man, me...I am waiting for a couple years for the new RX to come out as the rumors have it that they will offer a coupe version again! If they are smart they will have a factory turbo option too, until then I am biding my time!:thumbsup:

Thanks all for the comments though and for taking the time to look! I knew you guys would, you're all pic whores! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Nope you're exactly right the delivery is very linear and I loved the way it builds to redline. The R3 is just a cosmetic freshening sure, and if I had an RX-8 I certainly wouldn't feel the need to get one.

What I want to see Mazda do is put the rotary in the Miata chassis. I think the character of that engine would work well in the Miata.

Enjoy. And if you haven't yet, check out RX8club.com Lots of good folks, good information, group buys and stuff like that. :thumbsup:

I actually came here from Rx8club....found the community even better. Love it here and even though I don't yet own a busa, there is plenty to do and people who are interested in stuff that is outside of the 'base' of this forum. Well, that and I have like the busa since '99 lol.

Last thing I read on rx8club about the next gen of rx was that they were planning on offering a true 2d coupe and a more sedan like model. Sign me up for a true sports coupe though!

Well, I am bored and FINALLY downloaded the pics from my camera, so here are some pics...some of them from local auto crossing, some of them after I had just washed and detailed it. Any opinions welcome, enjoy.

After cleaning it up pics. Rubber on right front of bumper is from cones....
Picture126.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Nice Ride.:thumbsup:
But don't they get mad in your area when you park on the grass!!!:lol::beerchug:

Rumble

I suppose they might, but there was no one there at the park to enforce it....and what are they gonna do but ask me to move it, which I would do. So I guess it's not a biggie really, plus it makes for better pics IMO:cheerleader:

Back