Passenger comfort on 08 Busa

Who makes that and where can it be purchased?

I made it. I took some half inch bar, quarter inch bar, quarter inch plate and a pad off of a Honda Shadow, and went to work. After it was done, I sandblasted it and had it powder coated. I have about $30 in the whole thing.

Send me a PM and I will be happy to share the details. If you send me an email I will send you the Word Doc.

I must say I am really taken with the back rest/luggage rack you made. That right there is top notch.

If you're talking about mine, thank you very much. Yours doesn't look so bad either.:thumbsup:

I made it. I took some half inch bar, quarter inch bar, quarter inch plate and a pad off of a Honda Shadow, and went to work. After it was done, I sandblasted it and had it powder coated. I have about $30 in the whole thing.

Good work there. Looks good and functions well too.

That is a very nice bike you have Dr. E. Colors blend very well, and I must commend you on your engineering ingenuity! That back rest does not look "homemade":thumbsup:
I took the easier route (although probably more expensive) to solve the passenger problem:

_MG_1508 - Version 2.jpg

Although what I have found is that if you are smooth with the throttle and brake, the passenger will be quite content without holding on to you, and even not using the backrest. It should be there for piece of mind more than anything else. If the passenger is using either you or the backrest to "hang on to" then the driver is the issue.

Take care and safe riding.

Rumble

_MG_1508 - Version 2.jpg

Although what I have found is that if you are smooth with the throttle and brake, the passenger will be quite content without holding on to you, and even not using the backrest. It should be there for piece of mind more than anything else. If the passenger is using either you or the backrest to "hang on to" then the driver is the issue.

Take care and safe riding.

Rumble

I don't mean to come across like I am out "tearing it up" trying to throw my passenger off. But the thing is, I am dealing with the everyday things on the road that bikers have to deal with. I don't want my options limited by the fact that my passenger may have to grab hold of something. I need to be free to use all the tools at my disposal to perform evasive maneuvers, without having to worry about the passenger. My wife would give me a hard time about having to hold on exactly once, then she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. She would have to find alternate means of transport. She knows that, and she holds on just fine, no matter how I choose to ride. I prefer she lean forward and hold on rather than rely on the backrest. It makes for an untimely wheelie if she's leaning back while I'm trying to "deal with traffic". It's not like she's holding on for dear life all the time, just when I'm on the gas. :laugh:

Sorry Jettster, I was not trying to be a wiseguy. When I have a passenger, I find thatsmooth is always best,and my passenger always appreciates that, even when "on the gas" I try to apply it fairly gradually so as not to disturb the passenger. They will feel the g's pushing them back, but if not done to aggressively, they can compensate without hanging on or even using the backrest. Only in rare situations would I need to crack the throttle open so much that it throws my passenger back. Braking on the otherhand, may need to be applied "aggressively" in more situations, but this would bring the passenger forward, into me and stop any further forward movement.
If I am going to be doing very aggressive driving to the point that the passenger will be affected by it (not something I do often), I would tell the passenger this and in this situation, I would ask them to hang on to me and not depend solely on the backrest.

Take care.

Rumble

Sorry Jettster, I was not trying to be a wiseguy. When I have a passenger, I find thatsmooth is always best,and my passenger always appreciates that, even when "on the gas" I try to apply it fairly gradually so as not to disturb the passenger. They will feel the g's pushing them back, but if not done to aggressively, they can compensate without hanging on or even using the backrest. Only in rare situations would I need to crack the throttle open so much that it throws my passenger back. Braking on the otherhand, may need to be applied "aggressively" in more situations, but this would bring the passenger forward, into me and stop any further forward movement.
If I am going to be doing very aggressive driving to the point that the passenger will be affected by it (not something I do often), I would tell the passenger this and in this situation, I would ask them to hang on to me and not depend solely on the backrest.

Take care.

Rumble

Understood, I think we're on the same page :beerchug:. C mode, or wife mode (my wife hates it when I call it that :laugh:), is good for that. It makes it where you don't really have to adjust your throttle inputs to having a passenger. In other words, even if it slips your mind to be gentle, you're covered. :semi:

My girl uses the front of the gas tank for support, and me when we start to get moving. The grab rail isnt the best. I asked her if she has used it. She only uses it to help her get on the bike.

oh yea, My wife does the same thing. Good thing I love her, anyone else would die after finger-printing the HELL outta my tank like that. you must know :laugh:jk

and she only uses the grab bar to get on as well...

Understood, I think we're on the same page :beerchug:. C mode, or wife mode (my wife hates it when I call it that :laugh:), is good for that. It makes it where you don't really have to adjust your throttle inputs to having a passenger. In other words, even if it slips your mind to be gentle, you're covered. :semi:

Thanks for understanding Jetsetter, I agree.:beerchug::thumbsup:

Rumble

oh yea, My wife does the same thing. Good thing I love her, anyone else would die after finger-printing the HELL outta my tank like that. you must know :laugh:jk

and she only uses the grab bar to get on as well...

That's why you have to make them wear gloves. We can't have finger prints all over the bike just because she thinks she needs to hold on.:rulez: :laugh:

Back