My Grey/Black 08 with Pics

Rumble Ripper

Registered
Hi Everyone:

Upgraded to an 08 last June, and been wanting to post some pics, but only after getting the mods I wanted to do done. Well finally my main mods are complete, and can "feel good" about showing the bike!

_MG_1395.jpg

_MG_1379 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1493 - Version 3.jpg

And with the corbin back rest for carrying passengers:

_MG_1485.jpg

With Hard Givi bags (painted to match bike) using SW motech connectors:

_MG_1508 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1510.jpg

_MG_1519 - Version 2.jpg

No Back rest, extra top case:

_MG_1542 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1561 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1574.jpg

Pics of some custom parts:

_MG_1400 - Version 4.jpg

_MG_1409.jpg

_MG_1412.jpg

_MG_1419 (1).jpg

_MG_1425 (1).jpg

_MG_1451.jpg

_MG_1450 - Version 2.jpg

The last two photos show the upgraded 09 GSXR 1000 Brake Master Cylinder and monobloc Brake calipers. These were direct bolt ons. I was concerned whether or not the MC would have clearance, but I also have Helibars and a double bubble windscreen installed and had no issues, as the next photo shows:

_MG_1403 - Version 2.jpg

I would imagine that with the amount of clearance there, that even without the Bars and screen, it should be a doable upgrade. The feel of the brakes now are much better, although I never drove the bike with stock brakes as I had the dealer install SS brake lines and EBC HH pads when I purchased the bike, so I would imagine from stock it would be a further improvement.

One item I did do but have not seen done on the board here is to add black auto door trim (available at most auto parts places) around the tank, side plastic inner fairings, and on the rear seat cowling. This adds a nice "finishing touch" to the bike and makes things "tighter" and less movement and rattling while driving. The next photos show the trim:

_MG_1456.jpg

_MG_1467.jpg

The bike has had the front forks revalved and sprung with the Race Tech Gold Valve kit and stiffer springs.
Brocks clutch mod and the Factory Pro Evo star shifter were installed and made a nice difference to the shifting of the bike.
I have also installed a Bazzaz FI, Traction control, self mapping and Quick shifter to get the best performance from the Yoshi pipe.
For communication I have a Starcom 1 Digital system under the tank, which connected to the Zumo and linked via bluetooth to my cell allows me to make and receive phone calls.
There are still a few more mods that I will probably do next winter/Spring when I get more time/money which include BST carbon wheels, CF inner fairings, CF front fender, and Magic Racing CF mirrors.
All in all, I am really enjoying the bike now, and am ready to put on many more miles on her in the future.

Thanks for looking, and safe riding!

Rumble Ripper.

_MG_1395.jpg

_MG_1379 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1400 - Version 4.jpg

_MG_1403 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1409.jpg

_MG_1412.jpg

_MG_1419 (1).jpg

_MG_1425 (1).jpg

_MG_1450 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1451.jpg

_MG_1456.jpg

_MG_1485.jpg

_MG_1493 - Version 3.jpg

_MG_1508 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1510.jpg

_MG_1519 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1542 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1561 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1574.jpg

_MG_1467.jpg

What type or brand is the rear axle nut carrier piece there?

That would look great on black on my 08,

and it seems to be very precise.

Very nice job, were very proud of you:laugh:

personally I would not have stripped all the decals off, but to each his own..nicely done:thumbsup:

To answer some questions:

The gold rear lift is made by Gillies. They were purchased when I bought the Gillies chain adjuster.
As for the tank strips, I did not remove them as they are under the clear coat.
I have a CF Magknight tank bra on that covers them up. See photo bellow:

_MG_1416.jpg

Rumble.

_MG_1416.jpg

You must be very proud. :beerchug:

How many miles has she got on her?

Back