Harborfreight

Silent Shogun

Registered
Looking through Motorcycle mags i noticed ads for harborfrieght tools. I have never been there but they have some great deals on stuff. Im doubtful, but can anybody vouch for the quality on some of the tools there? I seen a 1500lb motorcycle lift for $60 and pancake air compressor for $35. If the stuff is crap though i might as well skip over the place. Thanks.

some of their tools are ok. I usually get all my one use tools from there. I do have a motorcycle lift from there though and im pretty happy with it

What BATTMAN said is pretty much right on. It's a GREAT place to buy that oddball tool that you're only gonna use once or twice.

I visited the local store a couple of weekends back. I spent about an hour wandering around and ultimately bought not a single thing. The longer I was there, the greater the impression I got that I was at a flea market. I don't think there's a single item in that store made in the U.S. - except for the staff.

I was beyond disappointed.

It's pretty much as the saying goes...you get what you pay for. It is economically impossible to buy quality for less than what it's worth, some circumstances not withstanding. Harbor Freight, however, is no exception to this rule! Use wisdom and discernment. You mentioned drill bits and along this line the same thinkology applies. You buy quality and durability and you will get long and useful service life!! Well worth the investment! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

+1000 on what F=MA said! (hey, B!)

Last edited:
It's hit and miss with their stuff. SOme of it is pure garbage but other items are decent quality and a great price. You won't be getting any Craftsman, Mac, Matco, Snap-On, etc type tools but you won't have to pay that sort of price either.

If there is one close by it's best to check the stuff out first.

I have there motorcycle lift (yellow one0 and it works great for my warrior. I have bought other stuff and you have to watch with some of it.

I have bought a lot of there hand tools (wrenches,screwdrivers and what not) there for work. But these are for my travel case for when I have to go on installs and service calls for weeks at a time when I was working. I am not about to let some ramp monkey walk off with my Snap-on and Matco tools. So I bought a bunch of inexpensive stuff for traveling at Haborfrieght and have not been let down yet.
Would not make my daily living with them but for road work they are ok.

I bought a welder from them and it works great

I also purchased the motorcycle dolly for rolling my motorcycle around. I have had it over 2 years now with no problems

I have purchased a few air tools and air tool fittings with no problem.

I purchased a nice click torqe wrench and it works great.

The only thing I bought from them (and I purchase stuff from them often) is I purchased a table saw with a laser that puts a laser line right where you want the cut. The laser stopped working.

I could have got it replaced under warranty but figured it wasnt that big of a deal and didnt mess with it.

Of everything I have ever purchased their, I have only had a problem with the laser on the table saw.

Thanks..ill have to keep that in mind..drill bits and etc should be good though i guess.

Actually, their drill bits are pretty much a one time use too, LoL...

Agree about the chocks though. I have purchased 4 or 5 from them, including a couple of the full tie down mobile chocks that I can move from garage to trailer to trailer and they are well worth the money. People ask all the time if I spent $250 or more for each one. I think they run on sell for about $69.

Ya gotta do trial and error with them. Most things I get work great.

I spend a little more and go somewhere else when it comes to quality items such as drills, etc.

Stay away from the cheap electric stuff like the pressure washers. I purchased two a few years ago and 1 went up in smoke, the other caught on fire. They took care of me both times though.
I said, ok time for a good gas one.

I also have gotten "sacrificial" tools from them. You get what you pay for! I am thinking about the MC lift. BATTMAN - Which model do you have? Foot powered or compressor?

Actually, their drill bits are pretty much a one time use too, LoL...

Agree about the chocks though. I have purchased 4 or 5 from them, including a couple of the full tie down mobile chocks that I can move from garage to trailer to trailer and they are well worth the money. People ask all the time if I spent $250 or more for each one. I think they run on sell for about $69.

Paid around $50 for mine, no problems.

DSC00985 (Medium).JPG

DSC00983 (Medium).JPG

It's the same chock, but you have to take the coupon to the store and I ordered over the net. Still a good deal.

I have the big tool box that they sell. It's been very good. Not one issue with it yet. I also bought the 1150 lb trailer and converted it to a bike hauler. It is also working well with the wider tire chocks that they sell.

it's hit and miss some of it works just fine some not so much they aren't bad for lifts and chocks and what not. you should go to the store though it'll give you a much better idea as to what everyone means.

Back