Two Brothers M-2 Fitment Problems?

LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
Hey All...

Dealer had a deal for a set of Titanium Two Brothers M-2 Slip ons.

Since I was on my bike at the time, I had them install.

Noticed as soon as I got home that the cans were uneven. The left can sat inwards about 3 inches. Also noticed a nice size gold bushing on the left side.

Since I paid for the install, I took the bike back this afternoon (to the dealer). After the mech turned for a while, they said my bike was ready, but it was till off set about 1.5 inches.... noticeable. So dig this... the parts guy who's standing buy tells me... well, it's aftermarket, it may not fight just right. Ummm... I've been riding bikes longer than he's been out of high school, and although aftermarkets may not be perfect, there isn't going to be a 1.5 inch error.

So...... they went back and looked at it, and for some reason decided to swap the mid-pipes around. This helped, and brought the tolerance down to under 1/2 inch. Still noticeable, but better than it was.

These folks are an authorized Suzuki dealer, they have two branches... and if you lived in Northern Virginia, you'd know exactly where I was talking about.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? ...Thanks.

- By the way, they sound friggin awesome. Very low deep grumble. I think it sounds better than my old yosh 4:1 system on my old Gen I. I have had a couple pops shifting from 1st to 2nd, but they weren't too loud so I can't really complain.... and it sure does wake up the other drivers.

Man bro, wish I could tell you more, but I think most after market dual set ups will have the left side can out just a touch to allow for the chain and clearance of the drive line parts. Not sure why, but it seems to be common.

LightCycle...I have the TwoBros dual titaniums myself with a TwoBros Juice Box that got rid of 90% of the backfire issues you're experiencing. Installed the pipes/canns and Juice Box myself. I also noticed a slight offset on the left side cannister, but spoke to TwoBros direct and they advised this was normal to offset clearance as Art mentioned. Barely noticeable (only by me) after tweaking it a few times. Good luck! :beerchug:

TopBusa.jpg

Thanks guy's I appreciate it. So just to make sure, the off set we're talking about is the length. The pipe + can on the left is actually shorter in length than on the right.... almost like the can itself isn't slid down far enough.

Nice pic TopBusa... I'll try and get one on here this afternoon.

Thanks guy's I appreciate it. So just to make sure, the off set we're talking about is the length. The pipe + can on the left is actually shorter in length than on the right.... almost like the can itself isn't slid down far enough.

Nice pic TopBusa... I'll try and get one on here this afternoon.

No, that is not what I am talking about. You say your exhaust cans are different lengths? That is not right. What I meant to say, the relationship between the bike and can will be closer on the right side than the left. The left side can seems to always stick out further. But your cans should be the same length.

LightCycle...agree with Art...I was referring to a slight off-set of the left cann when you look at the bike from the rear, not actual length of canns. Something doesn't sound right there. ???

Back