Sad sad expensive news......

That blows. Not much help now, but for future reference a motion light and baby monitor work well. If the light comes on, I switch on the receiving end of the monitor, the transmitting end is always on. I could hear a mouse fart in my garage.
Hope you get your bikes back...

Here is what the bikes look like...08 orange and black busa lowered and 09 orange and black gsxr 600 lowered with chrome mag wheels and chrome frame sliders. We live in Huntingdon(fairly small town)TN which is 100 miles between nashville and memphis off exit 108 on I40 but our house burned in Jan. and are re-buliding so we have been staying in some apartments in crossroads off the interstate. We had both bikes here at our apartment parked in between our cars cause we were planning to ride today got up and looked out this morning and they were both gone. They were still there at 2am so someone stole them between 2 and 6. We had both bikes insured but they wrote the policy as liability instead of full coverage which doesnt make sense being that there was a loan out on them. We were under the impression we had full coverage but found out today other wise (insured w/ geico):banghead::banghead::banghead:

0515092010.jpg

downsized_0531091041.jpg

Hey Gurley, I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. My Porsche was stolen about a month ago and I had the same insurance problem.

Everyone, CHECK YOUR INSURANCE NOW! Really, seriously, it's that important. Take the time to double-check to make sure you are covered.

How do you mean "locked down"? Were they chained to the ground, a post, each other, only disc locks? If the bikes were well secured then it was either an inside job, or pros.

A bike specific alarm, like a Scorpio or Xena disc lock is worth it's weight in insurance. They will scare off most people.

Something just does not sound right here ???, how were they locked down? Also your lender can sue your insurance company for not properly insuring your bikes, that is if your insurance company told your lender that they were under full coverage which is required when an asset is under a lean. I would call your lender first and find out what they know because I would never trust an insurance company to pay out. What does your proof of insurance slips say? Again I think this was an inside job from someone you know or had contact with. Keep your eyes open on those that have been around you or showed adnormal interest in your bikes. Hope this gets resolved......det45

Both bikes were in the lock position and chain locked to steel hooks(not sure what they are there for but we used em) in the pavement and all that is left are the hooks.......

Bolt cutters and removing the chains make a lot of noise. Sounds like one of your neighbors, of a few of them, might know exactly where the bike are now.

It's definitely sad. Don't take my digging as scepticism. Knowing what happened in detail almost always point out a better way to protect something, or a guilty party and sometimes both.

Cutting a chain with a bolt cutter takes seconds. Grab the chain and yank, makes noise for < 1 second, nobody notices. Even if someone saw they wouldn't say anything. And 2 - 6 am is the "dead zone", very few people walking around apartment complexes at that time.

RE: the lender, it's not a law that comprehensive is required. It's a stipulation of the loan conditions. If the insurance company didn't provide proof and lender didn't call about it, not much can be done. I hope it says on your insurance contract that you have comprehensive and the insurance company screwed something up.

Bolt cutters and removing the chains make a lot of noise. Sounds like one of your neighbors, of a few of them, might know exactly where the bike are now.

It's definitely sad. Don't take my digging as scepticism. Knowing what happened in detail almost always point out a better way to protect something, or a guilty party and sometimes both.

Hydraulic Rigging Cutters

They aren't cheap but are pretty much silent and cut darn near anything. I am really to sorry to hear about the loss of your bikes. I know that has to be pretty terrible.

Lost your house & your bikes, damn. Dig into the insurance thing, should be full coverage if there is a lein, see what the lenders records show.

i am very sorry to hear about your grief, you shouldn't be going through this. geico not giving you full coverage when there is a lein on the title is against the law and complete bs.

again i am sorry and i wish you luck

that sux. if you find out who took em, me and a few boys can pay em a visit....

just sayin

What does your proof of insurance slips say? Call your lender and see if geico sent them proof of full coverage because most lenders require full coverage when there is a lein on the vehicles. If your insurance company told your lender that you had full coverage yet you didn't have full coverage then your lender or yourself can sue geico for the replacement or buyout of your bikes. However if you changed your insurance to the minimum coverage after the fact then that would be on you. Hope you get this resolved, really sucks to have your bikes lifted.:banghead::banghead:

Sorry to hear about the loss. When we go on vacation I lock my bikes in the trailer at night.Hope you get them back.

Back