Old school meets new. M1A finally showed up

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
It only took 7 months but my M1A finally showed up yesterday. :cheerleader: I haven't had a chance to shot it yet but when I do I'll let you know how it goes.
It's Springfield's loaded version with composite stock and stainless steel barrel. The other is my 1942 Springfield M1 Garand.

HPIM1432.JPG

HPIM1430.JPG

Last edited:
Nice, I like em both! Nice pair.
It only took 7 months but my M1A finally showed up yesterday. :cheerleader: I haven't had a chance to shot it yet but when I do I'll let you know how it goes.
It's Springfield's loaded version with composite stock and stainless steel barrel. The other is my 1942 Springfield M1 Garand.

Nice
Well since you got a new one your probably tired of the Garand.
I'll go ahead and PM you my address and you can ship it here.

too large of a file size, resize & post again forus "mobile" folks lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Very nice. I work at a gun store in Riverside Ca. (Centerfite Firearms) M1A's are very hard to get. We havn't had them in stock since your new president was elected.

:thumbsup:Just wondering if the new one used mags or striper clips. Looks like a mag but I can't tell.

Very nice. I work at a gun store in Riverside Ca. (Centerfite Firearms) M1A's are very hard to get. We havn't had them in stock since your new president was elected.

Thanks. Yeah they are very hard to find around here in GA. I ordered mine back in Jan. and when ever I called Springfield they just kept telling me it should be ready by the end of the month. I hurd that about 7 times. :rofl:

Sweet set! Those pack a nice accurate punch :thumbsup: Will be looking forward to pics of your 1st target shooting. :laugh:

Very Nice. Enjoy!

I've been really close to getting an M1A a few times, each time though I've done something different. I love the rifle, but I just keep working around it. Last time I ended up buying a FAL and the FS2000. Then the last time I was after something for long range work I went ahead and built an FN SPR. With the Leopold on it it's good to about 1000 yards (In theory) though finding a place to shoot shoot more than 300 is a real challenge so I can only use my imagination.

Congrats again, sweet rifle, eventually I'll get one of my own AND the Garand....

Very nice! What are you going to use it for? I had mine on order for over 6 months, but finally found a new one on gunbroker.com and bought it instead. Now how bout sending that Garand up the road to me? My M1A should meet it's grandaddy too. :laugh:

DSCN0866edit - Copy.jpg

Very Nice. Enjoy!

I've been really close to getting an M1A a few times, each time though I've done something different. I love the rifle, but I just keep working around it. Last time I ended up buying a FAL and the FS2000. Then the last time I was after something for long range work I went ahead and built an FN SPR. With the Leopold on it it's good to about 1000 yards (In theory) though finding a place to shoot shoot more than 300 is a real challenge so I can only use my imagination.

Congrats again, sweet rifle, eventually I'll get one of my own AND the Garand....

Thanks. I know what you're saying about find a place to shoot. If I join a club I can get out to 500 yards other wish I'm limited to 300. So far I've only shot out to 100 using iron sites and if I want to do farther then that I will need a scope.

Back