My new Trailer

my question is for LA Busa. With you patent permission :laugh: i want to build that helmet rack, but what did you use to attach to the trailer (screw length, washer, etc.)

Also, I'm undecided on getting a Baxley, or a Condor, or a Pitbull

I sent him an email and this is what he sent back....he's been very busy at work these days.

"I based that on the thickness of the trailer walls and the plywood that comprises the interior walls.

Anything around 3/4" would do fine, we have 1/2" walls."

I'm trying to save a lil $$$ for a toy hauler so I can make this some family fun instead of rollin solo all the time.

thats a nice trailer dude.... show us some pics of it when your done pimpin it out:thumbsup:

You will want to try to fasten them to the metal support members. Looks like 1/4" luan plywood...and I'm guessing 1" metal supports...so a 3/4" sheet metal screw should work.

You can also get a hardwood board (2x4 or 1x something) and fasten that to the metal supports...then you can use regular wood screws where ever you need 'em. (that's what I did)

If I remember when I get home, I'll take a pic of what I did in my trailer and post 'em up...

OK, took me a day, but I snapped a few pics...

I really wanted to make the helmet racks that Randy made...however, I ran short on time before the Bash...but I still wanted something to put the helmets on. I was in my local Home Depot and found these... $15 a piece. There wasn't a solid place to mount them so I cut up a 1x8 and fastened that to the metal uprights...and then mounted the shelves to the 1x8's. This worked well. 4 helmets, gear for two...all the way from KS to VA to NC and back. Not a problem ;)

IMG_9760.jpg
IMG_9761.jpg
IMG_9762.jpg
IMG_9765.jpg

I even did something similar for my toolbox. I used 2x4s so the top lid can open and clear the wall.

IMG_9766.jpg

I borrowed Hal's idea for the home-made Baxley mounts. Just some 1/4" bar stock that I drilled and tapped. I made a template for my router and mounted them flush to the floor.

IMG_9767.jpg

Two Busas ride nicely side by side.

IMG00078-20090402-1903.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG00078-20090402-1903.jpg

Back