mirror block offs and barend Mirrors

where did you get mirrors-did you have to do any cutting?i took my mirrors off but maybe i should have at least one bar end mirror---

Nice license plate mount... how do you like it???
firedevil.gif

can anybody give me the exact measurements on the block offs, i'm going to make a set before i head to the strip.
thanks. jim

love the all black! i got blockoffs as well, love the bike with no mirrors, where did you get your tag bracket?

i like having mirrors, but i think lower and a little more sleek would look better on the bike.

I like the look too - but I trailer a lot and getting the handlebar sling over the bars would mean removing the mirrors every time.....how hard are they to remove?

I went with a reasonably priced pair of bar end mirrors and they rock. They swivel and can adjust them to see behind great. I used an aluminum spacer so the factory 6mm bolt would hold the mirror 8mm hole to the bar end. :beerchug:

All I saw with my factory mirrors was my shoulders when I rode.

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

I like the look. :thumbsup:

I looked at the flip-in bar end mirrors a long while ago but I just could justify the costs. Where did you pick those up from?

On a different note, who did your swing arm?

I like the look. :thumbsup:

I looked at the flip-in bar end mirrors a long while ago but I just could justify the costs. Where did you pick those up from?

On a different note, who did your swing arm?

Ebay for the mirrors, $35 bucks or so.

The swingarm is a 4" arm from Trac.:beerchug: I asked that Dave send it raw because I had it powdercoated locally. Im glad I went with 4 and not 6. I think 6 looks better but I ride pretty twisty roads up here and already scraping the sato pegs.. some corners. All in all it's a good balance between street and the occasional trip to the strip wich is not very bike friendly :banghead:

The mirrors have about 4000 miles on them and are still in good shape. I had to use a aluminum spacer to make them fit flush. Basically there meant for hollow bar ends found on the gsxrs so they supply a 8mm mounting bolt. Well I drilled out a 8mm- outer diameter spacer for the busa's 6mm Inner Dia mouting bolt. After the lock tite, they dont spin around on the bar end.

I can take a picture of the set up if you want?

Back