I was able to chat with Jason Britton/Tony Carbajal

I am kind of cold on "Super Bikes" myself... the guys are great but the squids abound and not sure what they could do new... Seems like season 1 used up all their inventory and the next 3 were sort of re-hash with different venues...

Guy sure can ride around a parking lot well.... :)

Cool, I like the show. I saw one where Jason got a new Orange 08 for himself, makes him one of us. Any chance you asked him whatever happened to the original host of like episode 1&2, I think Jason kicked his A$$ at hosting, or something along those lines?

I am kind of cold on "Super Bikes" myself... the guys are great but the squids abound and not sure what they could do new... Seems like season 1 used up all their inventory and the next 3 were sort of re-hash with different venues...

Guy sure can ride around a parking lot well.... :)

This may well be the reason "Season 5" has not started taping yet. Perhaps Speed Channel has gone more Nascar as well?

Personally I couldnt get enough of the show, I liked seeing him get a shot at the K8 before it was released:thumbsup:

Cool, I like the show. I saw one where Jason got a new Orange 08 for himself, makes him one of us. Any chance you asked him whatever happened to the original host of like episode 1&2, I think Jason kicked his A$$ at hosting, or something along those lines?

WOW, I must have missed the first ones? I thought he was the original host?

NASCAR has its own issues this year with $$$... things is tight all over... more than likely the sponsor money is more an issue for Britton than interest in the show.. Bike shows have notoriously lousy ratings for some reason.. Heck can not even get decent race coverage..

NASCAR has its own issues this year with $$$... things is tight all over... more than likely the sponsor money is more an issue for Britton than interest in the show.. Bike shows have notoriously lousy ratings for some reason.. Heck can not even get decent race coverage..

Interesting and unfortunate.................the "way" he said "season 5 hasnt started taping", I knew there was likely more to the story.

Interesting and unfortunate.................the "way" he said "season 5 hasnt started taping", I knew there was likely more to the story.
I was sort of surprised they did not branch off a bit more and say try some DIY projects etc... Did they ever tour parts makers and do "how its made" type stuff?

I was sort of surprised they did not branch off a bit more and say try some DIY projects etc... Did they ever tour parts makers and do "how its made" type stuff?

I'm not sure, but I believe this was a tour of sorts they were on, all their sponsors were listed on the bottom of thier autograph sheet.

The dealer they were at is one of the larger/maybe largest Kawasaki dealers in Virginia(he also sells ICON). Obviously promoting Kawasaki/Icon. Jason and I talked a little about his gig with Kawasaki.

I told Jason that the Suzuki rep I met (I did NOT mention his name)(some of you know at least one of the two I am talking about).

Anyway the Suzuki rep told me his job ended up ruining his favorite hobby. Doing what you love(d) for a living.

Jason couldnt disagree more, he loves every minute of what he is doing, and says he has the best job in the world, working in the industry he loves. He understood his job is very different from a regular non-stunting rep, but he could not understand someone not loving working in the industry, to each their own. Perhaps this love is what got him where his is.

Last edited:

i hear ya, thats what i was hoping for also, the 2 wheel tuner mag needs more of that stuff too, kinda like how Hot-Rod mag used to be or still is

I'm sure it was great talking with him as he seems like a decent guy on TV. He was here in NC last year, but I didn't get a chance to see him though I would have liked to.

I'm sure it was great talking with him as he seems like a decent guy on TV. He was here in NC last year, but I didn't get a chance to see him though I would have liked to.

Great Guy! Funny, and very easy to talk to:thumbsup:

Good times John! Nice work on getting the signatures early and razzing em a lil bit about riding Kawai's. :lol:
I see the dealer was also an Aprilia dealer. Did you see if they had the new RSV4 inside? Sick bike!

2rsv0406.jpg

Good times John! Nice work on getting the signatures early and razzing em a lil bit about riding Kawai's. :lol:
I see the dealer was also an Aprilia dealer. Did you see if they had the new RSV4 inside? Sick bike!

I love Aprilla, but the price scares me, so I run the other direction in the showroom:laugh: Honestly I didnt notice what they had on the floor. The pricey stuff is usually in the back (in front of the managers office).

I love Aprilla, but the price scares me, so I run the other direction in the showroom:laugh: Honestly I didnt notice what they had on the floor. The pricey stuff is usually in the back (in front of the managers office).

:laugh: Isn't that the truth.

I caught up with Jason at VIR last July for the Suzuki Big Kahuna meet. Great show and decent guy. I hope he continues to get healthier, enhance his show and make some money with 2 Wheel tuner...in theat order. Wardie

Back