Ordered new cruise control today...

I'm positive it was user error.

I'm sure there are thousands out there that enjoy using them every day. Just don't hit the wrong thing while showing off, LoL

HHmmm, maybe that was a moral... :lol:

Or don't turn it on so you can do the one handed burnout left handed :laugh:

looks like a good deal, i'm wanting to do this one too...i wore my Throttlemeister out, it quit working this past weekend just as we headed for the Gulf Coast...680 miles later as we pulled into DocDrop's driveway, my throttle hand knew this mod was in my future for sure! :beerchug:

I'm curious also simply because the cost is a little less than the Throttlemeister runs.

Year 3 on my Rostra and very few issues.. There is a thread I did on the specifics (dip switch settings etc) I like Trekkies switch mount much better...

DSC_0170.JPG

looks like a good deal, i'm wanting to do this one too...i wore my Throttlemeister out, it quit working this past weekend just as we headed for the Gulf Coast...680 miles later as we pulled into DocDrop's driveway, my throttle hand knew this mod was in my future for sure! :beerchug:

Bring Lucy over. I can do the install in 4-5 hours.

That CC unit is very good, and is a preferred farkle among many FJR riders. You can get very good information about it from FJRForums dot com.

Update !!

Steve and I (more Steve than me) got a little over half of the mod done tonight. We spent about 3 hours on it and will finish it up tomorrow.

I had the tail section and gas tank off the bike before he arrived. We were able to get the vaccum lines connected, the vaccum canister mounted in the right tail light pod and the servo mounted in the left signal pod. We have been taking pictures during the process and hope that our work will make it easier for the next to try to tackle this.

I should be able to test drive it tomorrow night and will post of all the pics then....

CAp

So assuming someone has very little experience/success with electrical wiring, what kind of difficulty would this present. Like one to ten...with one being easiest.

This is definately a 10 project unless you have someone that has done it before... That is why we are trying to take pics and learn each time.. I think this will be the new "Must Do" mod of the year.

With good instructions designed for the Busa I think this could be about a 5 on the scale...

so when are we all getting together in your garage and setting up a production line? :thumbsup:

We finished up tonight and I ran a test ride and it all worked.. More to come in a day or two.

busa-cruise-sized1.jpg

busa-cruise-sized2.jpg

busa-cruise-sized1.jpg

busa-cruise-sized2.jpg

Back