05 yamahas are out...

I agree with you on that BigDawg_03Busa.
I really like the grey 2004 R1,it did not come out for 05

I actually liked the burgundy '04 R1 best. That's my fav color...
biggrin.gif

dunno - i am really loving that all-black one.

Yeah, I love the R1... But as much as I love the R1, there is no denying that the R6 is just plain ole' Box Of Frogs Ugly. Damn, I dunno what they're thinking.

damn, could they get the wheelbase any shorter? Too small for me...I've got a buddy that is 6'3", rides an R1, looks like a monkey f***ing a football. If you're 5'5" and 100 lb's, I suppose this is the bike. Still rather have a new 750 gsxr.

I like the black but check out this photo shop. Not mine but MUCH hotter than Yamaha's design. I think he just took off the stripes, threw in some blue and put on som clear lenses.

blackblue05r1.gif

Thread hijack in process

Here is one that some body painted all white.  I think it's pretty good lookin.  There are some really hot 04's out that have been painted black too.  I am kinda dissapponited with the 05 colors.  Maybe it's just the stripe.

(this pic might be a photo shop, it has been done and it's kinda hard to tell which pic is which,)

<!--EDIT|Ononewheel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095261136 -->

white_r1.jpg

Thread hijack in process

Here is one that some body painted all white. I think it's pretty good lookin. There are some really hot 04's out that have been painted black too. I am kinda dissapponited with the 05 colors. Maybe it's just the stripe.
I think they must be catering to the crackheads and stunters for '05. Seems the clean, single color, or subtle two tone scheme is popular on the boards and the manufacturers are goin' with 80's type tri-tone color schemes with cheesy graphics. Looks like I need to hurry up and find the $$$ to get my shop goin'. Lots of folks should be lookin' for aftermarket paint for their new factory f*cked bikes this year!
biggrin.gif

Oops!  I meant this:

\\pgfs1\users\CHARLBA\my documents\My Pictures\Suburban.jpg

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095262206 -->

Thread hijack in process

Here is one that some body painted all white.  I think it's pretty good lookin.  There are some really hot 04's out that have been painted black too.  I am kinda dissapponited with the 05 colors.  Maybe it's just the stripe.
I think they must be catering to the crackheads and stunters for '05. Seems the clean, single color, or subtle two tone scheme is popular on the boards and the manufacturers are goin' with 80's type tri-tone color schemes with cheesy graphics. Looks like I need to hurry up and find the $$$ to get my shop goin'. Lots of folks should be lookin' for aftermarket paint for their new factory f*cked bikes this year!
biggrin.gif
I agree. I have no idea who they are researching when they pick color schemes for bikes lately. With a few exceptions (like CBR1000RR all black) most of them coming out are butt ugly because of poor color schemes or added stupidity such as the red rim stripes on the R1.

Please stick to basic solid colors with minimal "tasteful" markings.

Geez those rim stripes look DUMB! I bet they won't come off easily either. Nice try Yam, otherwise a beautiful bike. And that solid pearl white R1, that is class!

Okay, here's my worthless opinion......

I don't like bikes with high tails like the Yams and the Kaws. Some Zukis too. That is why I like the looks of the Busa.

tounge.gif

Back