throttle body

ltd busa 2002

Registered
I ve seen a lot of people that they remove the butterfly of the throttle bodies some people called secondaries to get more air at all times ,if this really beneficial to gain speed or being faster anyone here has done that any problems after the modification,thanks..

I've never heard of that mod on a busa.

I can tell you that tiny adjustments to the butterflies when sync-ing the TB's make a very LARGE difference in how the bike runs. If you remove them, I doubt it would run at all.

(GoldenChild @ May 05 2007,13:12) There are NO secondaries in a busa.
That might be why I've never heard of it.

I think he's thinking of the secondaries on the ZX-14 - that, I HAVE heard of

I just confirm with a few guys about this mod and i ride my cousins 600 with this mod done and is a big difference but also is going to swallow gas like crazy , it looks like i left a vacuum line disconected or something like that and is creating the engine to rev up by itself that where i am right now finding where or what is disconected any help would be appreciated thanks.

(GoldenChild @ May 05 2007,13:12) There are NO secondaries in a busa.
If you remove the "butterflies" your Busa won't run
wink.gif

If you remove the "butterflies" your Busa won't run

[/Quote]

It would run......
Right up to the rev limiter and not stop until it explodes as long as the TPS was set at WOT.

You're thinking of the ZX-13.5. It has two sets of flys. You would still be better off getting a TRE for that bike. It will open the secondaries at 3K, so it would still work ok on the street.

My 06 zx-14 and butterfiles I removed and power kicked in around 3500 instead of 6k
I sold that ugly beast and got an 06 busa. Glad I changed.

mybusa.jpg

I just confirm with a few guys about this mod and i ride my cousins 600 with this mod done and is a big difference but also is going to swallow gas like crazy , it looks like i left a vacuum line disconected or something like that and is creating the engine to rev up by itself that where i am right now finding where or what is disconected any help would be appreciated thanks.

600/750/1000 has them after 2003, IIRC. I don't remember first gens ever getting second TB valves, though. Gen 2 might have them, though.

Back