09 KAW Concours = to a Busa?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
is the CONCOURS detuned from it's Ninja roots? A buddy just got one so I'm curious
2008-kawasaki-concours.jpg

My buddy looked at one as well, Same engine as the ZX-14, just tuned a little different.

This bike was on my list when I ended up buying the Busa. Unfortunately, it was brand new, expensive, and no used ones in my price range. It looks like a he11 of a bike in my opinion. Not as high performance as a Busa, but probably more comfortable and it has storage space.

Smaller injectors, has a wild variable cam timing setup, I believe less compression. More weight and the hp loss of using shaft drive. I road one last year, swapped rides for about 25 miles. Impressive compared to a FJ or ST1300 but it is not Busa or ZX 14 material in the performance department.

I road one last year, swapped rides for about 25 miles. Impressive compared to a FJ or ST1300 but it is not Busa or ZX 14 material in the performance department.

I also road one months ago and must agree. More of a comfort bike then anything else.

yeah he got it for longer riding comfort. I just wondered if it would keep up when I twist throttle. sounds like it won't but, should be a nice ride anyway :)

They are nice bikes, I have thought about getting one next year, just cant make up my mind on it or a new gixxer 1k.

I have an 08 Connie and an 09 Busa. The previous writer that said the Connie was impressive when compared to the ST and FJR (I had an ST and still have an 05 FJR) hit the nail on the head. The Connie has more power, is more comfortable (to me), and is more economical because it has a six speed. The heat management on the Connie is vastly better and the lay-out of the bike (riding position and instruments) is much better. On the other hand, there is as much more power in the Busa, compared to the Connie, as there was comparing the Connie to the FJR.

When I get older(alot older,lol) I'll probably be debating either the concours or fj. I've never riden either but I've sat on both at the dealership and I have to say either seems VERY comfortable without having to get a monster like a goldwing...

Nice travel bike, but big and heavy compared to the Busa. When I rode it, felt nice and refined, but I looked foward to giving it back and getting back on my long-low horsepower machine. :laugh:

We've had two so far on the tours, both guys love them!

DSC03520_concours.jpg

Snowing when I shot this. :laugh:

Dsc03501_yosemite.jpg

Dsc03460_kent.jpg

Dsc03452_concours.jpg

DSC03520_concours.jpg

Dsc03501_yosemite.jpg

Dsc03460_kent.jpg

Dsc03452_concours.jpg

From our Memorial Day Pashnit Tour of NorCal - we had two of them on that ride.

Dsc03067_concours.jpg

Dsc03169_shasta.jpg

Dsc03080_but_I_got_the_shot.jpg

Dsc03203_NF_97.jpg

Dsc03067_concours.jpg

Dsc03169_shasta.jpg

Dsc03203_NF_97.jpg

Dsc03080_but_I_got_the_shot.jpg

Gotta admit though, it really is a sharp looking bike. This photo Powerlet Products used as their cover shot for their product literature. :thumbsup:

Img_1997_haroldo_980.jpg

Img_1932_Yosemite_Half_Dome.jpg

Img_2057_RT_Concours.jpg

Img_2155_Busa_Concours14.jpg

Img_1997_haroldo_980.jpg

Img_1932_Yosemite_Half_Dome.jpg

Img_2057_RT_Concours.jpg

Img_2155_Busa_Concours14.jpg

All I know for certain is that the C14 is still fast as hell, but more comfy and better wind protection....

I'd love to have one, in fact, if/when I decide I want another BIG bike, it's a likely candidate.

So, when is Suzuki gonna release a sport touring bike based on the 'busa?

Yea, they're the only slackers left. (ST1300, FJR1300 and C14) Unless they consider the B-King the Hayabusa knock off and have no plans of releasing another knock off.

Back