My side business will be official tomorrow

busastalker05

Registered
My side business will be official tomorrow!!!! going to turn in all the necessary paper work tomorrow at lunch.....here's my cards i made tonight on the internet....
i do want some feedback on the name????

and for those business owners already, is anything i should or shouldn't put on the card?
would it be better if i put ALL the jobs i'm capable of doing or just few as
is?????

Thanks for the input

103_0014.jpg

103_0015.jpg

I am not a business owner but I think the cards you made look just fine, plus you have the "and more" on there so people can always ask if you will do something else too,

Good luck with the biz, get some money for mods:thumbsup:

Maybe under "Falcon Ground Maintence" you could write somwthing like "for all your lawn care needs" or something along those lines. I'm not a buisnoess owner but something like that would sound good

Not a big fan of any business with only a PO box for an address but probably not that big a deal...

Any website?

I would think a "lighter" looking card with some landscape? if you are doing photo cards, you can do some fun stuff.. This card looks a bit dark to me..

Funny I spent my morning doing the same thing and made $175 (my one and only account :laugh: and am only doing it for the exercise)

Last edited:
Get professional cards made. You're lookin' at like $100-200 at local print shop. Even your local Office Depot could make those up. Business card may be someone's first impression of you. :thumbsup:

Well, I,m no business owner, but I am a printer, and on fri we print usually a 100, 000 cards, for all types of businesses, and whoever sugested going with the pro printing is right. Number 1, the paper we use won,t even go thru most printers, much thicker, number 2, anyone can tell if you make your own, and it,s kinda like a business card is your first impresion, so make it count, something that people will remember, but that doesn,t mean ya gotta spend a bunch of money, I would go with a green and black ink, on white paper, and a back in black ink listimg your services, but thats just my opinion, your cost for that at my shop would be about 40 bucks a thousand, and hell, we ups m everyday, so let me know if I can help ya .

Well, I,m no business owner, but I am a printer, and on fri we print usually a 100, 000 cards, for all types of businesses, and whoever sugested going with the pro printing is right. Number 1, the paper we use won,t even go thru most printers, much thicker, number 2, anyone can tell if you make your own, and it,s kinda like a business card is your first impresion, so make it count, something that people will remember, but that doesn,t mean ya gotta spend a bunch of money, I would go with a green and black ink, on white paper, and a back in black ink listimg your services, but thats just my opinion, your cost for that at my shop would be about 40 bucks a thousand, and hell, we ups m everyday, so let me know if I can help ya .
is what we pay, 39 per 1000 single side... I did not think he was going to print his own (cost too much anyway)

ok thanks for the input this is great!!!! ive done lawns and stuff on the side for years and i ran into a family friend a few weeks ago who is a realtor and i asked him if he needed some of their properties taken care of and he asked do i have any cards so that he could pass them out back at the office so i haven't hardly wasted any time trying to get the business legit.

these are just ones i made to get a feel for it when i get a list of everything i want i on them i will let you know!!!! are you in sevierville tn???

Yes, you need a site to refer people to. Even a single page, something really simple is fine. If I google you- I need to be able to find you.

They are not that hard to make yourself, and plus google 'website template' for a landscape business, and the template probably run you $70. I use Dreamweaver for web creation, and host smaller sites at GoDaddy. Buy a domain name, they are like $15. Landscapebusiness.com- whatever it is. Simpler, the better (like pashnit.com :laugh:) Server space will run you $100 a year for more space than you'll need. Server space that has ads all over it is free.

How you are going to promote this business has been thought about? Not sure if this applies to you, but a simple technique to promote a new landscape business could work like this: Get a simple flyer printed up, half page, full page, whatever. Choose the neighborhood you want to target, a particular subdivision or part of town for example. And walk the neighborhood, either knock on every door, or drop off the flyer if every mailbox. Do this regularily, say every 2 months, 6 months, whatever. Add an incentive- 10% off first service, etc. June special, etc.

:thumbsup:Nice cards man,
for your website check out Yola.com it's a free website that you can make public and buy the domain name if you want to. Pretty easy to use too. Also you can check out vista print for your business cards I printed a lot for my side business at home (cause I needd something fast) but with Vista 1500 two sided color cards one side glossy ran about $55.00 shipped and you can use your template too. it was easier and less time consuming in supplies I figure my ink runs about $50.00 for both cartridges and the paper for business cards is about $5.00 each pack,Plus my time it seemed like a better way to go for me just in time savings. Either way good luck on your new business and congrats.

if your only doing this to see if you like it then the cards are fine. If this is something your going to grow into something bigger, then I would get batter cards. I have 2 cards, both are printed the same, but one has a gloss finish the other a mat finish. I use the gloss finish ones for when I meet face ot face with a customer, as it looks more professional. The mat ones I use to put on peoples doors. The cost me like 12 dollars for 1000 and the high gloss ones were not much more.

In the lawn care business your image is everything. If you show up in a dirty truck with dirty clothes and looking like you just woke up, the customer is going to assume your no better then the guy with the station wagon that has " any lawn cut 10.00" spray painted on the side.

A web site is pretty much a must now a days. Do a lot of before and after pics, show clients what you are able to do!! You might be able to make a lawn look better then if it were cut with hand shears, but if you cant show them, then its a waste of time.

This is my first year in the business but I did a LOT of research before I ever looked at a mower. There are great forums ( non as great as the Org tho) that can help you. But like many site you have to weed through the BS. I did a lot of home made fliers and put them on peoples mail boxes the last week on Feb till the 3rd week of April. I got a call from the post master,, come to find out thats a big NO NO. So I have 25K door hangers made up in full color from and back printing with a star hole punched ( keeps them on the door) that I will use for my second round this summer..

Like I said its all in what you put into it. I really enjoy it, and there is nothing better then making money while enjoy the fresh air. Saturday I picked up 3 new clients and they will happen to be my biggest ones. Between the 3 homes there is over 10 million in property. All 3 singed a years service agrement, and 2 paid for the year up front. I dont know if I got lucky or what, but I am very happy and over booked for the rest of the year..

Now get out there and mow some grass, and make some money!!!

Back