Rode in the Mountains today - Pics

My wife used to live in Calgary. I'll never forget when we went for a drive to Vancouver. Awesome roads and scenery. On the way home, we stopped by Lake Louise and went up Sulphur mountain (I think that's the name). Am I right? We took the Gondola up to the top. I don't mind visiting there again. Man, I miss that place. I've been there like 4 times and still can't get enough of the awesome scenery. I love Banff National Park. What an awesome place.

Last edited:
Beautiful bike. (nice scenery too) But love love that bike!!
You can have your hump on with your topcase? Mind snappin' off a shot of that?

Last edited:
My wife used to live in Calgary. I'll never forget when we went for a drive to Vancouver. Awesome roads and scenery. On the way home, we stopped by Lake Louise and went up Sulphur mountain (I think that's the name). Am I right? We took the Gondola up to the top. I don't mind visiting there again. Man, I miss that place. I've been there like 4 times and still can't get enough of the awesome scenery. I love Banff National Park. What an awesome place.

Yep that's it. Sulphur Mountain.
There is another nicer one in the south Waterton -Glacier International Peace Park (1/2 is in the US). It is called Bears Hump trail.
You get to go up about 2500 feet and the view is spectacular.

Beautiful bike. (nice scenery too) But love love that bike!!
You can have your hump on with your topcase? Mind snappin' off a shot of that?

This is with all the bags on. The side bags have a quick connect system also.

3.JPG

Yup, a little further south and I'd have it made...

Nice pics btw!

There's some nice roads up there too.
A little further, but in Jasper the Maligne Lake road is stupendous.
Even nicer than this.
It is about 26 miles long, and curves galore, lots of great scenery.

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing. Now, I am just curious what camera did you use? They are pretty hi def and crisp.

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing. Now, I am just curious what camera did you use? They are pretty hi def and crisp.

It is a 5 mega pixel sony, but I have had to downsize the pics, as they are about 2.5 mb in size.
The large ones are really clear.

Here is a better one:

Very nice. Just added the single topcase to my "gotta have" list. Thanks so much. Did you have to mod your hump further for the bracket? That is if you decide to switch back and forth from grab handle to bracket.
Thanks again.

Very nice. Just added the single topcase to my "gotta have" list. Thanks so much. Did you have to mod your hump further for the bracket? That is if you decide to switch back and forth from grab handle to bracket.
Thanks again.

You have to cut it a bit, like you would with the grab bar.
A small sanding tube on a dremel makes real fast work of it.

Thanks to all for the comments.
I want to add, in 5 hours I didn't see even 1 LEO or any others on patrol (By-Law, Wildlife, Parks Service) What a great day! Almost no traffic too.

That is a rack that goes on like the grab bar:

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300R, '99-'07) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.05.209.100.B

You then can attach a quick connect piece to be able to mount a rear bag (I have GIVI)

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (GIVI / Kappa Monokey) - GPT.00.152.405

It is a real slick system.
Mount the adapter with 3 twist fasteners and the bag pops on.
Same coming off.
The rack also gives me something to grab onto, like the grab bar.

ok I thought it was one of those wings all the honda civic's have on their trunk's.:poke:

Well you hear me complaining about the weather up here, but this is why I live here:
88 degrees today, pavement nice and hot and sticky, slight cool breeze from the snow caps to ease the heat a bit, and off I went on my favorite curvy road. Gone for 5 hours.
Sorry that "Magic" is in every pic.
I don't get to see her much outside the garage, so I wanted to take in the scenery and the bike.
Enjoy!

Awesome looking bike you have, bro. I really like the luggage system you have. How much did that cost you for everything? I also like that MAGIC CARPET RIDE decal you have.:thumbsup:

ok I thought it was one of those wings all the honda civic's have on their trunk's.:poke:

:laugh:

Awesome looking bike you have, bro. I really like the luggage system you have. How much did that cost you for everything? I also like that MAGIC CARPET RIDE decal you have.:thumbsup:

Thanks!

These are the quick mount side racks ($230)
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa) Original Style for Givi, TraX, Krauser, & Hepco sidecases - KFT.05.203.100

The rear rack was ($135)
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300R, '99-'07) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.05.209.100.B

The rear adapter was ($35)
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (GIVI / Kappa Monokey) - GPT.00.152.405

The bags were ($195 each)
TwistedThrottle.com

Back