Acrylic Teflon Finish

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...

Yesterday, I had a special after-coat of protectant applied to Wasabi's skin.

The company came to where I work and detailed and applied this coat...it took them nearly four hours.

She looks better than showroom.

This finish is reported to last a year and would typically run about $120. It is reported to make the bike (some ungodly number)% easier to clean and will also protect from UV fading.

These pix don't do the new coat justice...I'll have to see if I can get ShortBoarder or Bubba to get some of their high-end shots when we get together in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, sweet.

Acrylic Teflon.jpg

Acrylic Teflon 2.jpg

Acrylic Teflon 3.jpg

I concur! The pics do not do the coat justice! After seeing Wasabi up close last night, she looks OUTSTANDING!!! The tiny road damage (rock chips and such) are filled in by the coating, and it looks smooooootttttthhhhhhhh!

Nice Scar! She's looking sweet. Sounds like you back the product. Any linky's so I may check if the service is carried in my area??

TIA

i hope thats metal flake in the paint i see and not tiny air bubbles or what appears to be sand in the coating....
:poke:

i hope thats metal flake in the paint i see and not tiny air bubbles or what appears to be sand in the coating....

That has to be sand.. there is NO WAY Scar's can look like mine. :whistle:

Looks good, let us know how it works out, i would like to know more about it.

It's the metal...very, very sweet. I love the way Suzuki does their paint.

:beerchug:

I'm going to go outside to see if I can get a shot of the black portion with the blue flake in it...for contrast.

PSB.

As far as the service availability, etc., I'll get that information and post it here shortly. I can't endorse the product for the long-term; I haven't even wiped her off yet...so...:whistle:

OK. Believe it or don't believe it, here's the pic I just got of the finish...no black, no blue flake; just an incredible reflection. HAHAHAHA...I can hardly stand it.

Acrylic Teflon 4.jpg

So, here's another pic of my girls (Kim on the L and Kristen on the R) after leading 28 other riders on Saturday's Fun Bike Center SummerFest Fun Ride.

Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Fun Bike Center SummerFest.jpg

As far as the service availability, etc., I'll get that information and post it here shortly. I can't endorse the product for the long-term; I haven't even wiped her off yet...so...:whistle:

So what you're saying is that if we crash the bike there will be no scratches on it then, correct? :laugh:

I concur! The pics do not do the coat justice! After seeing Wasabi up close last night, she looks OUTSTANDING!!! The tiny road damage (rock chips and such) are filled in by the coating, and it looks smooooootttttthhhhhhhh!

Thanks, Derrick...thanks again for dinner, too!!! :beerchug: Great to see you again.

Sounds similar to Klasse AIO (w/out the teflon). I love that stuff. The reflectivity is out of this world.

I assume the teflon makes it slick while applying and removing the product but I don't think it does anything else.

Sounds similar to Klasse AIO (w/out the teflon). I love that stuff. The reflectivity is out of this world.

I assume the teflon makes it slick while applying and removing the product but I don't think it does anything else.

The teflon makes cleaning it extremely easy. Road grime wipes right off, chain wax and lube come of in a single swipe (at least that's what I saw before I agreed to the application). Yeah...they even did the wheels.

Looks good Scar. Dang man, you almost as gray headed as me. Let us know how long this stuff lasts. Gettin bugs off sucks so if it helps there it's well worth it.

Back