Help deciding to stretch

slngshott

Registered
I am thinking of streching the rear maybe 3-4 inches. I think I am going to do extensions at least for now to see if I like it.I am also going to lower it back down so its level as now.Please post pics of your strech and how much.Also where can I get a good set of extensions? Also where for best lowering links,Adjustable and non. I saw that a member makes them but I cant remember who.

This is extended about 6 inches with extensions.

DSCF0104.jpg

:laugh: Not to be outdone. Just kidding, Its just what it is.

Now someone will post a 7"

Roaring toys are ok but there customer service sucks all things chrome has great customer service and are always willing to help out :poke:

I have extensions and lowering link kits,you will wanna do something with tthe front also...pm me if any ?'s

Thanks guys,I have alot to think about.What do I need to do to the front.I only want to lower back to where it is now. How would I lower the front?The top tree cover with the bars is against forks.

What do I do with the rear brake brace? Is it ok without it? Any more pics of 3-6 inch extensions please.

Depends on which brand extensions you get. The caliper is always supported, either with a bar like stock, or with another bracket on the caliper itself.

Here's mine at 6". If you even have a notion that you might want to be longer than 3-4" then go longer, cause you can always cut the chain and go shorter. Also, most bolt on clamps are 4-6" because of how they attach to the arm. Depending on Gen I or Gen II, you will have to consider how long you go too.

Lowering the front can be done 3 popular ways. One is a new upper clamp that replaces the two stock ones. Second is a new upper clamp that just replaces the top cover. Third would be to use some type of spacer between the two stock clamps. The unwritten fourth method is to use lowering straps, but typically that is not recommended for long term use. Lastly you can pay to have your forks lowered internally.

beforeandafter.jpg

I suggest you do a search here on extensions and lowering. You'll find a mountain of info on the subject, as it seems to be asked here pretty regularly.

:beerchug:

Roaring toys are ok but there customer service sucks all things chrome has great customer service and are always willing to help out :poke:

Could you be more specific about the issue with Roaring Toyz I have shopped there quite a bit had no problems so far???

here's a 10" stretch lowered with air ride before paint and after not much help for you but sometimes it's nice to tell the ladies it's 10 inches

097.jpg

173.jpg

Not sure if you ever decided of what length you wanted but here is a pic of my Gen 1 at 4 1/2" of Stretch

Busa 23.jpg

Busa 24.jpg

Back