Brock's dyno...?

Dozerdriver

Registered
I would like to see the Brock's pipe dyno graphs out there for gen 2 to compare to my friends. I looked in the dyno section but didn't find many. My friend dynoed a 177.00 max power and 103.44 max torque SAE and a 180.75 and 105.62 STD with the Brock's short meg, pc3, and race filter. Is this close to the others...???

Here's a dyno chart from Brock's setup for Maxton where he ran 201+ on a then brand new K8. Bike has an Alien Head full system, no air filter, Alisyn <0 weight oil, ceramic wheel bearings, and a special chain with the O-rings cut off running on VP MR 9 fuel:

011208b.jpg

Click my sig link for all the info....

100% BONE STOCK SHELL 93 PUMP FUEL!

BONESTOCK08Busa.jpg

STD: 180.31 HP 108.6 TQ

SAE: 175.90 HP 105.61 TQ

The bike with myself (220lbs) went 182MPH STOCK in 1-mile!

Next stage:

Basic mods SHELL 93 PUMP FUEL!

pumpgraph.jpg

STD: 194.7 HP 114.7 TQ

SAE: 189.92 HP 111.28 TQ

Bike went 195MPH!

Final stage:

Basic mods VP MR9...

MR9graph.jpg

STD: 199.0 HP 117.1 TQ

SAE: 195.65 HP 113.98 TQ

Bike went 204.468MPH!

Last edited:
Click my sig link for all the info....

100% BONE STOCK SHELL 93 PUMP FUEL!

BONESTOCK08Busa.jpg

STD: 180.31 HP 108.6 TQ

SAE: 175.90 HP 105.61 TQ

The bike with myself (220lbs) went 182MPH STOCK!

Basic mods SHELL 93 PUMP FUEL!

pumpgraph.jpg

STD: 194.7 HP 114.7 TQ

SAE: 189.92 HP 111.28 TQ

Bike went 195MPH!

Basic mods VP MR9...

MR9graph.jpg

STD: 199.0 HP 117.1 TQ

SAE: 195.65 HP 113.98 TQ

Bike went 204.468MPH!

Do you have the A/F graphs..?

Heres mine, Brocks AH, PC3 w/Brocks "street map"(no custom tune), stock air filter, and 92oct pump gas(should have used 87oct :banghead: )..........
BTW, pay no attention to the other pullz, i was trying to see how fat i could make the PC3 go for the spray.

busa dino graph.jpg

busa reading.jpg

Last edited:
Toxsick..is that STD or SAE looks very close to my buds if it is STD. Some numbers seem to be very high...??? Some very happy dynos out there..

His numbers are SAE, look in the remarks section with the weather info... ;)

Happy dyno's.... :rofl:

Toxsick..is that STD or SAE looks very close to my buds if it is STD. Some numbers seem to be very high...??? Some very happy dynos out there..

It is "SAE" :beerchug:

And as far as the happy dynos............ J. Cheese is THE MAN when it comes to making a custom map :bowdown: I REALLY wished I lived closer! :banghead:

Last edited:
Hey just thought of something(might be a dumb question), does it matter, or effect the the #'s if the bike is dyno'd in a different gear? Like lets say mine for example, it was dyno'd in 4th gear, whould the numbers change any if it was done in 3rd?

I have heard thet gearing on bikes changes numbers... don't have any proof. Very good question... I need to know. :please:

I have heard thet gearing on bikes changes numbers... don't have any proof. Very good question... I need to know. :please:
:popcorn:
The number of variables that have an effect on dyno numbers are infinte. the numbers don't mean a damn thing. Last saturday I beat a 300 horse turbo busa and a 225 horse zx-14. Repeatedly. Stock motor with the compression bumped a little, I'm sure I'm not even putting out 190 hp. On paper both those bkes would whup my a$$, good thing we didn't race on paper (or even worse the internet) huh? The only dyno number that matters is your a/f ratio. Hp dyno numbers are simply advertising that some builders use to sell more stuff. Truth is if you learn to use the power you have, you will beat bikes you shouldn't be able to on paper.

:popcorn:
The number of variables that have an effect on dyno numbers are infinte. the numbers don't mean a damn thing. Last saturday I beat a 300 horse turbo busa and a 225 horse zx-14. Repeatedly. Stock motor with the compression bumped a little, I'm sure I'm not even putting out 190 hp. On paper both those bkes would whup my a$$, good thing we didn't race on paper (or even worse the internet) huh? The only dyno number that matters is your a/f ratio. Hp dyno numbers are simply advertising that some builders use to sell more stuff. Truth is if you learn to use the power you have, you will beat bikes you shouldn't be able to on paper.

Very Well put! :clap: I try not to get to wrapped up into dyno racing(but its hard not to:laugh: ). I know its more of a tuning "TOOL" then real world performance:thumbsup:
Brock himself will even tell you, is maps WILL dyno low, but run AWESOME @ the strip.....and if you want a dyno queen instead of a "dragbike" then let him know and he'll send a map for you to impress your buddy's!
Still would like to know about what gear to dyno in though?:popcorn:

Fuel maps fatten a bit at higher gears to compensate for a bit of ram air. Many tuners tune for 4th, but again, the map is different in other gears.

If your a racer, then the only dyno number that matters is MPH (IMO). If your not running 154 to 156 MPH in the quarter with your GenII, then your not tuned right. The only way to tune for the track is a datalogger. Consider saving the money on dyno time, and learn to do it yourself. A dyno gives you a number. A datalogger gives you speed.

Fuel maps fatten a bit at higher gears to compensate for a bit of ram air. Many tuners tune for 4th, but again, the map is different in other gears.

If your a racer, then the only dyno number that matters is MPH (IMO). If your not running 154 to 156 MPH in the quarter with your GenII, then your not tuned right. The only way to tune for the track is a datalogger. Consider saving the money on dyno time, and learn to do it yourself. A dyno gives you a number. A datalogger gives you speed.

Glad to hear you say that! That just helped confirm my decision, I called and talked to Snitz(ryan)yesterday about the Wego3(almost ordered it right then). Think im gonna call back today and get it coming :beerchug:
You say 154-156mph!...... Ya if your a 185lbs, not gonna happen for this Fat boy(250lbs in street close)..... Need to lay off the Cheese Burgers :banghead:

Hey just thought of something(might be a dumb question), does it matter, or effect the the #'s if the bike is dyno'd in a different gear? Like lets say mine for example, it was dyno'd in 4th gear, whould the numbers change any if it was done in 3rd?

I believe all dynos are done in 4th and imagine the #'s would change drastically in different gears based on rpm's, dont know this for a fact though.

when I put my AH on gen 1 with brocks map 1 was at 164rwhp and 103t custom map by Ferraci and finished with 177rwhp and 109t, a custom map will help dial it in a little better if you get the chance to get it done(dyno was enclosed room,temp controled,ram air) like said earlier,dyno #'s can change day by day and depending on who does it may not be worth a sh!t.

Back