Dreaded driveway drop! pic included

Jackhammer

Registered
"it'll never happen to me" so i thought, the infamous driveway drop. Before my ride i wanted to clean up the wheels a bit, so as i got out the ole rear stands to jack it up i thought the "y" shaped prongs where in place on the spools, when all of a sudden.........SLAM! She's horizontal, the only thing that saved her was the $99 frame sliders. I am hearby a believer in sliders, saved me $1000 in damage & a super mean beat-down the dog was gonna receive :rofl:

P1000807.jpg

Damn! Talk about hindsight being 20/20. I always worry about dropping mine putting it up on the rear stand.

I haven't done it yet and hopefully never will. I'm not ready for sliders yet.

It happen to me but I don't know how I got her back on the two wheel before she touch the ground. I guess a was lucky. Note. never do it by yourself. lesson learn.

Yesterday must have been the day for OOPSIES! Although I have a beautiful purple bruise on my leg in the shape of my frame slider. :(

if you look close you can see the slider chipped on the underside.

Glad they worked, but the quality of those makes me think they came out of a cereal box. What make are they. I have seen plenty of tipovers w/ sliders and none chipped/cracked/broke, etc. just liitle impression marks on the end.

I'm a believer in sliders too. Only mine protected my bike from a car door in a parking lot. Paint from the ca door was actually on my slider, but the bike was o.k. :thumbsup:

had a similar one, was moving mine about a foot from the right side to air up the tire and as i went to put it back onto the stand i heard the "the kickstand just popped up" niose. too late, it went over hard on the left. poor me. if nayone has a spare 01 silve black left side hit me up! oh, and i'm looing at sliders right now.

Back