Insurance help needed!

Lubejobs42

Registered
Hi, We are trying to get insurance for my Red Hayabusa I posted the other day and my wifes new GSXR 1000 we just got her yesterday.

Allstate quoted us $3600 for the 2 bikes. Is this normal? We both have clean lisc. We put the value of the Hayabusa at $25k.

Here are pics of her new bike. She loves it!

Please steer me in the right direction. What should ins. cost us? Who should I try?

Thank you very much!!

gsxr 017.JPG

gsxr 005.JPG

gsxr 004.JPG

State Farm usually has the best prices...however, you have to have other policies with them too such as homeowners, renters, other vehicles, life, etc.

State Farm here. Cheapest by far, of every where i checked.

I have just motorcycle insurance with State Farm, and they were far and away the cheapest. I know you are probably looking for full coverage, but comprehensive on my Blackbird and Busa is just $40.00 a month for both.

If I had my homeowners with them she said it would even be cheaper.

I'm 47 and have a clean driving record at the moment.

Hi, We are trying to get insurance for my Red Hayabusa I posted the other day and my wifes new GSXR 1000 we just got her yesterday.

Allstate quoted us $3600 for the 2 bikes. Is this normal? We both have clean lisc. We put the value of the Hayabusa at $25k.

Here are pics of her new bike. She loves it!

Please steer me in the right direction. What should ins. cost us? Who should I try?

Thank you very much!!

actually that is a good price quote for 2 bikes and lambo and bentley:laugh:

state farm is the way to go!:thumbsup:

With a Bentley and a lambo, what is 3600? Pocket change…
But seriously an insurance price depends on so many factors.
1. Location. You’re in FL the theft rate of a busa and a 1000 is extremely high.
2. Accidents in your area, again extremely high in FL
3. Riding experience. This is one of the questions they ask during the quote. If you answered anything less than 3 years you will get a higher rate.
4. Then you have your customizations. Some state laws say you don’t have to tell the insurance company at all. For obvious reasons. The more customizations the higher your rate. Lucky for me in VA you don’t have to report to be covered.
5. Motorcycle insurance is not like car insurance. If you have 2 cars the one you drive the least is almost half of the main car but for motorcycles they charge you full price even though you can only ride one bike at a time.
6. Claims. The number of claims on your bikes in your area.
3600 is high but not out of reason. So many different factors. Some guys say they pay 500 a year but I bet they are not in FL. An 08 busa and 07 1000 cost me 1900 in Northern VA.

As mentioned above there are many factors, including age. Also on the price of your Busa, eventhough its a beautiful machine 25k might be a hard pill for them to follow, you will need documents to back it up. I happen to be lucky enough to Have USAA a military insurance co and pay 450 a year for full coverage with 0 deductable. Any one currently in or recently discharged shoudl check them out.

More insurance advice....

Sooo i got a quote on my "new baby" shown below.. anyone know if i can get away with putting 89 Octane in it??? Im trying to save a few bucks.

2009-SSC-Ultimate-Aero-Red-Front-And-Side-1024x768.jpg

Also,
I believe your insurance on the Hayabusa may be a little high no matter where you turn, because you said you were planning on insuring it at $25,000-- much more than the insurance company would be giving you had it been left all original.

I have State Farm and I searched around and SF seem to be the best price.
At the highest, I paid around $30 a month.
Now that the bike is 10 years old, I pay about $13 a month.
Go with what ever company you have for home owners, renters, car insurance.
You will get a price break.

:welcome:

Question:
Why is it that your rear tire on your busa is far away from the tail of the bike on the first picture, but really close on the other two pictures?

140326d1241208943-insurance-help-needed-gsxr-017.jpg

140328d1241209019-insurance-help-needed-gsxr-004.jpg

does anyone else see it?

It’s the air ride suspension. I usually lower it when it's parked.

Thank you for the replies. I will try State Farm and Nationwide. My Lambo is through Nationwide.

Between my cars, boats, bikes and other crap I pay a fortune in insurance. I had no idea what it should run for performance bikes.

Insurance is so out of hand wind and flood insurance down here in Fort Lauderdale has gone through the roof.

2 years ago I paid $7500 per year for one of my boats. Over the past 2 years there were a few serious accidents with fatalities involving performance cats. Last year my insurance went up to $17,800 with a $10k deductable. Just got the renewal quote. It's $27,550 and the deductable is 7.5% of the insured value which is over $50k!!!!
There is no option because there in only 1 insurance company in the country that insures performance cats. They have you by the balls!!

I have not had a claim in years, i pay for any incidents (there haven't been any serious ones!).

It is completely unfair and the government really needs to step in and regulate these companies!

So, yes I could just pay the insurance but I think I pay more than my share!

I also live in Florida and would LOVE to have your problems in this economy!!!!!

Try GIECO for motorcycles. For me they beat State Farm quotes by a mile and I also have 2 bikes. Having 2 bikes was a huge savings for a multi-bike discount. I pay less for both bikes together than I would have for a the Busa all by itself. I pay les than $600 a year full coverage for both bikes.

And a boat I can't sell for less than market value. Maybe you can hook me up with some of your friends that can buy Toys in this economy.

Back