I got a new lid today

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
Well I went to cycle gear in Tulsa today to look at tire prices and ended up getting a Shoei RF1000 helmet. When I first got my bike I didn't even try them on because they were so expensive and my KBC fit me just fine or so I thought. I havent got to ride with it yet but it feels a lot more comfortable than the KBC. I got it and the tinted shield for $375. They had it on clearance and they have $50 off Shoei's until the end of the week.

026.jpg

025.jpg

023.jpg

Sweet! I have that one in red...and you got a SMOKIN' deal on it!!

Congrats!!!

I never thought I would pay big bucks for a helmet and that my HJC AC-10 was good enough eight years ago. I now do trackdays in a Suomy ($500), ride with a Arai ($600) and waiting on a Shoei X-11 ($650) delivery next week. They all protect well but the high dollar helmets vent better and have great features, fit and finish.

Your going to enjoy your new lid. :beerchug:

I had a HJC, then got a Scorpion, and could not believe how much of a difference it made. I tried to wear my HJC a while ago, because it has a tinted shield. I never realized how fricken heavy that thing was, and how much wind it caught. My neck got so tired, so fast, I'll probably never wear it again !!

I bet a Shoie, or Arai would be as much a change from the Scorpion, as the Scorpion was from the HJC .

Nice lid !!

Are the RF1ks pretty quiet or are they loud for those that have them.

Back