Projekt is in Manila, PI!!!!!!

Still waiting for you to my tour guide in dubrovnic.Get out of Manila and head to Angeles City.

Just make sure what you pick up in the islands....well, you know the rest!:laugh: Buddy of mine did 'buy' his wife from the Phillippines. Has to pay an annual fee to her family as a part of their agreement.??? Nice gal, very dedicated to him and there growing family. Kind of hard to find that any more...:beerchug:

Thats hella funny! I know a fella or two in that situation.. One of them is supporting an extended family of 37 people and is even putting the cousins through school.
The other dude sent $60k to his extended family in one year and bought them a nice minivan.. :laugh:

Not this guy though!!!

Enjoy your stay. Get out of Manila and check out Tagaytay and take a pic of Taal Volcano. I'm from the small town of Alfonso in Cavite. 20 minutes from Tagaytay. Don't forget to eat the Adobo and lechon (roast pig). The skin is the best part of lechon and dip it in Mang Tomas sauce. Let me know how you like them.

Enjoy your stay. Get out of Manila and check out Tagaytay and take a pic of Taal Volcano. I'm from the small town of Alfonso in Cavite. 20 minutes from Tagaytay. Don't forget to eat the Adobo and lechon (roast pig). The skin is the best part of lechon and dip it in Mang Tomas sauce. Let me know how you like them.

I had something traditional last night. It was a pork "ankle" or foot that was boiled first then deep fried. You pull the meat off and soak it in garlicky/lemony soy sauce before you munch on it. The skin was great, like a Mexican chicharron but more delicate. I look forward to the lechon.
Tagaytay might be an option... Gotta see how things pan out.

Okay.. Here you go.. First things first.. The mandatory bike pic followed by Jeepneys one of which I am certain is not a MercedesBenz. Then a cockfight and later the waterfront...

Manila Police Bike.JPG

bling jeepney.jpg

DSCN0075.JPG

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0064.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

hope never have problems with those electric lines, that would be hard to figure out!:laugh:

nice pix thanks! no dog fights over there, rooster fights ha....:laugh:

hope never have problems with those electric lines, that would be hard to figure out!:laugh:
QUOTE]

dammmm...that looks like Diesel's worst nightmare, lol

Hey bro-do they have wi-fi 'hot-spots' at the local Starbucks?:laugh:
love the scenery pics-now, GET OUTTA TOWN n go take the REAL 'Projekt pics':rulez: WE WANT PANORAMICS!:cheerleader:

Hey bro-do they have wi-fi 'hot-spots' at the local Starbucks?:laugh:
love the scenery pics-now, GET OUTTA TOWN n go take the REAL 'Projekt pics':rulez: WE WANT PANORAMICS!:cheerleader:

Not sure about the hotspots at starbucks but I found a great and very cheap internet center around the way from the hotel. The hotel charges a dollar every 4.5 minutes. The internet center charges $1.25 per hour.. What a ripoff. I am learning the disparity between the US economy of scale and that of the Filipino, a vast difference it is!
As far as the panoramics.. I am limited by a locally bought digital (Nikon always!) camera and don't have my big D100 with the lenses and whiz bang tech.

I was at Clark AFB when I was a young strapping airman...a single 20 something in the Philippines...fahgettaboudit!! LBFM's rule..:whistle:

filipina_woman.jpg

I had something traditional last night. It was a pork "ankle" or foot that was boiled first then deep fried. You pull the meat off and soak it in garlicky/lemony soy sauce before you munch on it. The skin was great, like a Mexican chicharron but more delicate. I look forward to the lechon.
Tagaytay might be an option... Gotta see how things pan out.
What you had is called either"Crispy Pata" or "chicharron bulaklak". It's good, too. Ate "balut" yet?:laugh:

By the way, my wife is from Los Banos, Laguna. If you ever go there, they have the best "Buko" pie (coconut pie). If you like sweets, make sure you try "leche plan". My favorite.

Last edited:
Back