Trackday virgin no more!! Nashville 18 April (pics)

GREAT PICS Gregbob, I know I didn't have my head down as far, nor my elbow on my knee. Hoping for some action shots soon so I have something to compare with. I did have an instructor follow me some, and I followed him some. Notice your outside arm is still bent; i kept hearing the instructors say to straighten that arm and lay it on the tank. I can see if you put your cheek on the tank that you could at least lay your arm on it. Gonna have to try that .. Thanks again!

They say to kiss the mirror (well where your mirror usually is), that will help you get down. Another tip was to only use one arm to provide input into the steering, and it should be the inside arm of that turn. The outside arm should be relaxed and the elbow resting on the tank.

Congrats on the trackday. It is really awesome to not have to worry about road conditions or cross traffic, isn't it.

PICS!

Since I bought them, I hope that means I can post the low-res versions...

Let the critique begin!

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Photo6.jpg

Photo7.jpg

Photo8.jpg

Photo9.jpg

Photo10.jpg

And here are the one's taken by the guy in the paddock next to me (thanks Terry!)

100B4944.jpg

100B4953.jpg

100B4954.jpg

100B4971.jpg

100B4981.jpg

100B4990.jpg

100B5000.jpg

100B5010.jpg

100B5033.jpg

Sky - I was just lurking over in the NESBA forums and there are some good track bike deals there.

Ok Surfer, you are so cruel....but post me the linky of one you think is a good deal anyway :)

And the rest...

Pretty dog gone impressive:thumbsup::thumbsup: I can tell you are hooked from the pic's. Tuf has stressed to me that speed is more about technique than guts. You may find that your fastest laps are when you relax and ride within yourself; it sure is a lot more fun than pushing to the limit, and fun is what it is ALL about:beerchug:

Yeah man that's awesome. I'da gone but I couldnt get a pass. As it turned out, I had to go to Memphis to take care of my dad. Next time, though. ;)

lol yeah I drank alot of monster that day. I tried. But as you recall I lowsided around lunch and it put me out the rest of the day. I hit #5 turn in a gear to low and pinned it too soon. However I did meet my 2 goals. Drag both my knees and melt the michelin man of the front tire. That was such an awsome day. I can't wait to go back. It makes me not even want to ride the twisties on the street. For once I could give it everything the bike had with out having to worry about stuff in the road or cars etc. I even tapped the back out in 6th on that long strait a few times. front -1 back +3.

I don't think you were behind me for very long as I remember you passed me very quickly :beerchug:

You were lookin good on that Busa. I'm glad some one was representin! I'm think about buying a new one and try (keyword here) to keep it stock so i can do a track day with it. Yours was about too nice for the track!

Back