Ride Report 19 APR 2009

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
After going through CPR/AED class all day Saturday I was really needing a nice ride. So Sunday morning I slept in and around 10:00 decided I would go for a short little ride. I knew it was going to be a good day cause this fella was on my porch.
DSC00987_smaller.jpg

I Got suited up and told wife I'd be home in an hour or so.

I took off North towards Napa and came upon a BMW rider. We started talking at stop lights and since neither of us had a destination in mind we decided to go nowhere together.

Next thing you know we're at Clear Lake. Along the way we found this very very nice fountain built at the side of the road. Oh wow, most refreshing water I've had in a long time.
DSC00989_smaller.jpg

My new riding buddy Brian's BMW
DSC00990_smaller.jpg

We went further on up the road and started circling the lake. At this point I remembered I didn't tell the wife what I was up to and called her. I had only been gone about 3 hours :please: She was a little upset but understood so I had a green light to continue the ride! :cheerleader:

On the way there we were so busy riding some awesome roads I didn't get to stop much to take many pictures. At Lakeport Brian pulled off to visit a friend and I continued onwards. Here are a few from my new favorite highway, Hwy 175
DSC00991_smaller.jpg

DSC00993_smaller.jpg

DSC00995_smaller.jpg

This is a map of the road. 15 miles of heaven on asphalt
hwy175.jpg

Total ride time: 7 hours almost to the minute;
miles: I didn't keep track but it was 1.5 tanks of gas :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sweet! Great pix! That's awesome...always a good share! :beerchug:

Rode 175 Saturday, awesome road has a definite rhythm to it, also ran Skaggs, Hwy 1 and several goat trails. 14 hours, 475 miles.

Great pics.

Back