What's it worth.....

dnjinoz

Registered
So I've run into some medical problems and looking for ways to not go broke. One option is selling my busa. So what's an 01 with an 05 motor,hahn stage one with a HKS BOV,lowered comp., APE studs and nuts,clutch springs,clutch slave support, adj. lowering links,front strap,swingarm ext. PC III, yellow box,co2 air shifter worth? Had it tuned at Smithers and it put out 277.

Sorry to hear about the med probs. Pricing...hard to say as it depends on where you live geographically. I would say a ballpark would be 8500-9000 with the turbo.

obviously more to someone looking for a bike with a turbo...a smart person would add everything up your bike has and go with a reasonable offer based on condition of bike, then they would consider what a pain in the ass it would be to order a turbo, wait for it to come in, install it, tune it, work kinks out and down time during riding season. But in the real world there aren't many smart people or reasonable offers so I hate to see you go through this. I imagine if you put the bike up for 9K...some clown will PM you with a 6K cash offer. Oh well good luck, I would say at least $8,000 in great condition

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

should've known...:whistle:

in reality, an 01 is worth roughly $4500-5k.

hahn kit parted maybe $2k-2500 very tops. I have seen them as cheap as $1500

The rest of your add on's you might as well sell off.

The right buyer might give you $8-9k

but do the math and you see what the bike is actually worth.

Sorry to hear about problems, keep your head up

Personally, I would take the turbo off and sell it seperately. If you dont have an exhaust, I could sell you a stock exhaust cheap. I think you would get good money for the turbo, then a reasonable offer on the bike.

I have the stock exhaust so that wouldn't be a problem, but would someone want to buy a low compression busa? I have only started to think about selling it so if it get's more serious I could take it by the local track or even KCIR in K.C. I was just wondering what turbo busa's were going for. And I can completely understand the whole building one from scratch, been down that road and it hasn't stopped yet (damn spark plugs will get you every time) LOL
Had an MRI done this afternoon so I will know more after my appt. on Monday. Wish me luck.

I have the stock exhaust so that wouldn't be a problem, but would someone want to buy a low compression busa? I have only started to think about selling it so if it get's more serious I could take it by the local track or even KCIR in K.C. I was just wondering what turbo busa's were going for. And I can completely understand the whole building one from scratch, been down that road and it hasn't stopped yet (damn spark plugs will get you every time) LOL
Had an MRI done this afternoon so I will know more after my appt. on Monday. Wish me luck.

answer is no....your bike would need the spacer removed and placed completely back to stock and then you'd still get what I listed for it.

Best of luck on your sale if you decide to go that route. Best wishes for your health as well!

yes i feel for you i'm kind of in the same boat march 14 i broke both my legs in a dirt bike accident fib on the left femur on the right selling my turbo busa also i'm 40 and got to get myself out of harms way 05 hahn lots of mods

IMG_2720.jpg

Last edited:
I have considered the same for my Green Dragon, based on the economy. Be very careful who you sell the bike to. With a turbo you really need soneone who understands Turbos or at least is mech inclined. Now days it is not always easy to say "buyer beware". If a person takes it out (after they buy it) and blows up the motor trying to do 200mph they will be at your door step. That alone convince me to keep mine and ride it.

I have considered the same for my Green Dragon, based on the economy. Be very careful who you sell the bike to. With a turbo you really need soneone who understands Turbos or at least is mech inclined. Now days it is not always easy to say "buyer beware". If a person takes it out (after they buy it) and blows up the motor trying to do 200mph they will be at your door step. That alone convince me to keep mine and ride it.

just make special note on the bill of sale that bike is known to operate ONLY on 50/50 race gas and the bike is sold as is.

yes i feel for you i'm kind of in the same boat march 14 i broke both my legs in a dirt bike accident fib on the left femur on the right selling my turbo busa also i'm 40 and got to get myself out of harms way 05 hahn lots of mods

Wow I was going to post up some good news on my part but I'm feeling for you and you broken legs. I hope you get out of it without selling your busa.

I too had a dirtbike mishap and was looking at surgery but the good ole MRI told them all is good!:thumbsup: So I just get to sit out a couple weeks. Thanks everyone for your words, it must have been the busa god's looking down on me:please:

Back