A few pics...

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Cleaned the bike up after changing out the headlight bulb and installing new plugs. The stands make cleaning so much easier. Thought I'd take pics of the tires I'm fixing to have installed. The Conti Road Attacks have about 8500 miles on them. Can't complain about them. I have rode in temps. from 15 degrees all the way to 100+ and never had any problems. As you can see, chicken strips still remain, so by no means a kneedragger. I will try the Shinko 009's and give some updates on the mileage. I would have purchased more Conti's but due to the short time at my work and my wife's work some cutbacks had to be made. Shinkos to my door were $180 compared to $292 for the Conti's

100_2411.jpg

100_2412.jpg

100_2413.jpg

From what I have heard of the 009's, they take a little more time to warm up and slipp a little on the corners if you get a good lean going. I am getting ready to order a set of the 005 advance. Anyone had any experience with them yet?

shinkos are only good for the drag strip. they cant hold up to the torque curve and the rear wheel hp of the busa on the street

pm djsin about shinkos, he swears by them and has never had any issues with them as far as I know.

shinkos are only good for the drag strip. they cant hold up to the torque curve and the rear wheel hp of the busa on the street
I know many Busa riders who will disagree. I know of about 20 Busa riders if not more, who run 003 Shinkos on the street. Most all of whom go play at high speeds in the curves the can find to ride.
I run an 003 and always have. Now holding the rear wheel to the road has many variables.....road conditions, suspension, tire air pressure and riding ability.

There is a reason that you can get a front and back tire both at atlanta dragway during the bike races for $175.00-you get what you pay for

Back