2008 hayabusa velocity turbo

spanky31680

Registered
after all the bull **** its finally done. here is the dyno sheet dyno.jpg

dyno.jpg

i know ill get alot of questions so here i go. its got an .080 base spacer, adj cam gears, performance valve springs, and ape studs. ive posted problems that ive had in this journey and ill never do it again. ive built nitrous kits for 7 years and never, never, never had all this drama. for those that just tuned in, my turbo kit was set at 10 psi when it was installed so guess what, a new busa with 1400 miles on it and it puked antifreeze all over my plastic. after i found out that i had lifted the head i ordered the ape studs, gaskets, je turbo pistons, cam gears, and valve springs. after i rebuilt the motor, put in all the goodies, installed the motor and fired it up guess what, the pistons hit the head..... come to find out they were a special piston that had a 1mill taller deck height. so out came the motor again and the factory pistons went back in. i put the motor together, back on the bike and guess what, the turbo started leaking oil out of the exhaust. so off came the turbo, sent it back finally got a new one, installed it, tuned it, and put on the dyno. i know i can up the boost from 6 to 10psi with the spacer but im done. its time to rape the crap out of it....................

i know ill get alot of questions so here i go. its got an .080 base spacer, adj cam gears, performance valve springs, and ape studs. ive posted problems that ive had in this journey and ill never do it again. ive built nitrous kits for 7 years and never, never, never had all this drama. for those that just tuned in, my turbo kit was set at 10 psi when it was installed so guess what, a new busa with 1400 miles on it and it puked antifreeze all over my plastic. after i found out that i had lifted the head i ordered the ape studs, gaskets, je turbo pistons, cam gears, and valve springs. after i rebuilt the motor, put in all the goodies, installed the motor and fired it up guess what, the pistons hit the head..... come to find out they were a special piston that had a 1mill taller deck height. so out came the motor again and the factory pistons went back in. i put the motor together, back on the bike and guess what, the turbo started leaking oil out of the exhaust. so off came the turbo, sent it back finally got a new one, installed it, tuned it, and put on the dyno. i know i can up the boost from 6 to 10psi with the spacer but im done. its time to rape the crap out of it....................

No need for the name calling, he was just trying to clarify your results. Sounds like if you would have done more research you would of had less problems...

Lets see some pictures of that bad boy.... :beerchug:

Curious to know why did you dyno at the HD shop? I also have a HD and know there are some shops that can/will do it all... But, being so close to KC it begs the question especially with Smithers in Olathe I'm pretty sure he does lots of turbo Busa's...

Last edited:
Don't know much about turbo Busa's but I just thought it would have more more to the wheels. Either way, it has boost and that makes it cool. :beerchug:

Ok.... Lets try that again :poke:
Folks the oRg is our house lets try and keep OUR house in order, not making excuses for anyone, but everyone can have a bad day including da Bug! So, lets do a retake on this post. No harm, no foul there is something to be gained from every member new and old alike.
First rounds on the Bug :beerchug::beerchug:

Oh PM's have been sent to all involved...
Now let the posting begin!

Last edited:
for who wants to know why i took it to harley, because there isnt another dyno around me except for st.joe which is another harley shop and they wont dyno jap bikes. my a/f ratio is 13 all across the board. 100_0055.jpg

100_0055.jpg

Looks great so far, alot of tuners here with experience on Turbo Busas will tell you 13:1 A/F Ratio is way to lean and you are taking the chance of hurting the motor. All the threads I have read about turbo projects you want to run on the rich side to be safe, most run between 11.6:1 to 12:1 max for longevity and reliability.

for who wants to know why i took it to harley, because there isnt another dyno around me except for st.joe which is another harley shop and they wont dyno jap bikes. my a/f ratio is 13 all across the board.

+1

13.1 is WAY to lean on a TURBO bike. Get it to a tuner quick or you'll be rebuilding her again... :(

Back