Swap 220mph gauges w/ 180?

I need some better lighting on them anyway so I'll probably put Scott on my winter project list unless the 07' guages are fairly cheap. But then again I like my 220 guages???

220's on a 180 plugged right in...never used a healer or yellow box either. Speed sensors are the same.....shouldn't matter.

problems arised when guys were just swappign out the faces.....then healers or yellow boxes were required.

220's on a 180 plugged right in...never used a healer or yellow box either. Speed sensors are the same.....shouldn't matter.

problems arised when guys were just swappign out the faces.....then healers or yellow boxes were required.

good info. thank you:beerchug:

I need a new one cause one of the buttons is stuck in. So I was wondering if I was limited to only 220 gauges.

Hey Chris,.........take the button from another IP. That would fix your issue,.......and you keep your gauges???

Although I would like to take you up on your offer. You would probably be way farther ahead to just repair your original 220mph gauges 99. Just get a set of cheap 180's off fleabay and rob the button out of it. Or have the guy at Bluegauges repair it for you. Thats what i would do. Just my 2 shiny's worth...
I just need to go post up a wanted add.... as i really do need a set of 220's.

I know a guy that knows a guy, who might fix you up. Hit up Demmym, I think he wanted sell his 180's, we just swapped in the 220 speedo on his bike.

Ears are a burnin,

Would if I could but Fleabay is also good for selling things, I almost got out of the 180 gauges what I paid for the 220 gauges. :banana:

Seem to be about 10 mph off up to 70, ( showing faster than really going ) Should keep me out of trouble. :whistle::whistle: I will have to get a riding buddy to really see where they are at. :whistle:

Ears are a burnin,

Would if I could but Fleabay is also good for selling things, I almost got out of the 180 gauges what I paid for the 220 gauges. :banana:

Seem to be about 10 mph off up to 70, ( showing faster than really going ) Should keep me out of trouble. :whistle::whistle: I will have to get a riding buddy to really see where they are at. :whistle:

:laugh:

Although I would like to take you up on your offer. You would probably be way farther ahead to just repair your original 220mph gauges 99. Just get a set of cheap 180's off fleabay and rob the button out of it. Or have the guy at Bluegauges repair it for you. Thats what i would do. Just my 2 shiny's worth...
I just need to go post up a wanted add.... as i really do need a set of 220's.

Thank you for your honesty. I probably will just repair mine. IF I don't I'll hit you up though.:beerchug: Will give you an awesome deal.

i changed the faces to day i went from 180 face to 220 with the speed healer it is now good to go and right speed

bike 004.jpg

What is the going rate for 220 guages; swap or outright?
Someone on the ORG sold me a set of 220 guages off of their turbo bike several years ago when I had the 40th anniversary 'Busa. Unfortunately my crash in the Smokies totalled the guages and the bike.
Thanks,

+1 from reading threads here there's more than a numeric difference.

PS I love freaking 220 gauges. Fix the button or replace with 220's :thumbsup:

I replaced my 180+ gauges with the 220mph gauges and they just plugged right in. Everything works fine, I even rode it passed one of those speed signs at 30mph and it was dead on. I'm not sure at what mph it begins to be off but they are working fine as of now!:thumbsup:

like others have said its a direct replacement. and since you already have the speedo you should be cool. But with that said its probaly cheaper to get yours fixed. Just my two cents

i did replaced the 185 to the 220 but when i turn the ignition on i see and get some wierd readings on the speedo for 2 seconds and then go back to normal, is that normal?

Back