Speakers...no not you Rev or Big 0 on his..

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I had a tiny helpin' hand in buildin' these , what my father-in-law calls GenFives .

I was trying to find you guys the specs , maybe they will turn up .

-the boxes are African gum wood
-the housing is divided into 2 chambers
-the sub box is 7 sided(works well)
-they have big semi-messy crossovers has they were originally designed for twin amplifiers (Rubba too poor)
-the pics dont do them justice....they measure 38 inches high , 32 inches wide , 18 inches thick at their widest.

These babies rock . I love clarity . The builder of this pair,was asked to build the sound set-up for the grandest theater around here.... they decided to cheap out an' buy something else.... and it shows. Cheap Bastids. He built speakers for a living years ago , that an' 37 years as a physics prof probably helped in the creation process.

These babies look cool , sound awewsome , an' weigh a ton.

Notice the castors , for ease of movement .

Here's the pics....

...from the front...this is the right one

spkrs_001.jpg

...the back...please excuse my big ugly crossover....they were designed for two amp operation

spkrs_003.jpg

...there's the fronts with the grills off . I dont recall the brand of each individual componant....but I can tell you this...

when "EXCESSIVE PARTYING" caused one of the voice coils undo stress....
the bill was sumwhat....GINORMAS (gigantic/enormous)

when that tweeter let out its last "tweet"....

it cost the Rubber 300+ US.

hav a loud 1......RSD.

spkrs_006.jpg

Those are some big cones you got there! Sound is in the eye of the beholder, so if you think they rock, who can disagree. Design wise (generally speaking) bigger cones muddy up the bass and packing the sub next to the midrange, tends to decrease clarity-- it looks like you have some decent seaparation tho. It looks like it could rock the house and then some!

Thats quite a setup and it looks cool up front-- Kinda reminded me of a mad scientist magnapan (my 2nd fav speaker).

Do you have a matching unit on the other side? When the wifey gets back, I'll take some pics of my home theater. (she's got the camera). The last time she left town for a few weeks, I gutted out our living room (white walls, sunny, pussy ass flowers all over the place). I painted the walls/ceiling a neutral dark grey (for lighting), ripped out all furniture and nicknacks, and rolled in the speakers, electronics, widescreen, and projector. I still need to get the home theatre seating (she got home before I bought it). You could say she was a little shocked when she got home. O well-- a man must have his sound.

-snake

Those are some big cones you got there! Sound is in the eye of the beholder, so if you think they rock, who can disagree. Design wise (generally speaking) bigger cones muddy up the bass and packing the sub next to the midrange, tends to decrease clarity-- it looks like you have some decent seaparation tho. It looks like it could rock the house and then some!

Thats quite a setup and it looks cool up front-- Kinda reminded me of a mad scientist magnapan (my 2nd fav speaker).

Do you have a matching unit on the other side?  When the wifey gets back, I'll take some pics of my home theater. (she's got the camera). The last time she left town for a few weeks, I gutted out our living room (white walls, sunny, pussy ass flowers all over the place). I painted the walls/ceiling a neutral dark grey (for lighting), ripped out all furniture and nicknacks, and rolled in the speakers, electronics, widescreen, and projector. I still need to get the home theatre seating (she got home before I bought it). You could say she was a little shocked when she got home. O well-- a man must have his sound.

-snake
you realize mr shake....

"bigger cones muddy up the bass"...whatchu lookin' at dude?

there's a bigg azz passive radiator there....

"packin' the sub next to the midrange"...you realize the're in different enclosures right?

of course there's a "matching unit"....ACTUALLY , he just built one . DUH .

an' here I thought we were gonna be friends....

YUP..... I'm thinkin' its better when you post....... LESS.

Don't take it personally, but you may want too .

kiddin'......hav a sound 1 .....RSD

RSD, I did say "generally speaking" didn't I amigo?
-- I was referring to possible interferance between the the two amps... passive works nicely--not apparent at first. Whatcha got powering these units?

By matching unit, I meant to ask if you got matching ones in the rear for multichannel-- yes I assumed you has a stereo pair... Excuse my ambiguity as i'm up to my elbows in water issues.

The Shake-ster

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092375616 -->

Don't even talk about power to me...........I'am just sending some info to the original speaker man......

My system destroyed these puppies...........I spoke in person to the rep.......... He gave me free woofers...................

Bose 901's are good,but not good enough.

Will post pics,when the legal poop is done.

Why are you talking speakers on a "Bike Site"?

Just to let you know...........Not everyone can BS on these sites. 2400 watts RMS. For real. All the time. Want to bring your babies to this house?

Riding the 2004 Hayabusa. Lots of fun........Will look at Mods soon,but not today...........

Not afraid,just waiting till warranty is over.............

Waiting.........DJ,VJ,PJ.........

bose-- u must mean pose. They blow chunks-- just who is the original speaker man?

Good luck with yur legal poop.

Random thoughs are just that-- pizza, beer, speakers, scratchin one's ass.

BS? 2400watts RMS? How bout some good info-- what amp? My house got the power covered, theta and sunfire more than enough to destroy all the bose and them some, but the more the merrier.

gratz on the busa. It doesn't get much better. How bout some pics?

Look forward to seeing it.

shake.

bose-- u must mean pose. They blow chunks-- just who is the original speaker man?

Good luck with yur legal poop.

Random thoughs are just that-- pizza, beer, speakers, scratchin one's ass.

BS? 2400watts RMS? How bout some good  info-- what amp? My house got the power covered, theta and sunfire more than enough to destroy all the bose and them some, but the more the merrier.

gratz on the busa. It doesn't get much better. How bout some pics?

Look forward to seeing it.

shake.
Martin-Logan/Sunfire combo here! Bose speakers are great for elevators.....

Nice little set up you got there RSD!! I love the curve of the panel...some thought went into building those puppies...reminds me of an old electrostatic speaker housing..Those weren't a Genesis original were they? Genesis turned into a bad ass speaker manufacturer!! Very high end..

Rock on!!

Dan

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092398212 -->

Your all out of my league. I just have a very nice Yamaha theater system in my basement with those crappy Klipch speakers. Just kiddin. I saved up for them and they were a nice treat to my self upon my return from my last deployment to the Red Sea.

I think they are very crisp sounding.

Paul

coulter1_copy.jpg

dont quote me on this but isnt ninja eater a rep for bose
rock.gif

and if there is a speaker better than the 901's please give me some info thanks
thumbs-up.gif

If Ninja is a Bose rep, how come all members over 500 post's and even Va don't have free demo 901's? How can you explain that?

pams9_copy.jpg

Back