Clutch problems guys - HELP.....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Having problems with the rubber diaphragm that fits over the clutch release piston. OK I admit, I lost the original, or the dogs have eat it :banghead: the main agent gave me (PN:23163-06B00) but this looks like the seal that sits behind the piston. This is typical of the service in the UK, I told him it was the wrong part, but he knows best. I have removed the complete sprocket cover and will re-bleed when it is sorted. Please guys have you got the PN for the rubber diaphragm so I can order it, without it fluid phisses out :bowdown:

Bump ???

clutch.jpg

If you have fluid leaking you need to fix the seal on the piston, the rubber piece that goes on the front of the piston is only a dust seal. COVER, DUST 23166-02F20

+1 The slave works just like a brake caliper. Pull the piston out. I would assume it has an o-ring seal just like a caliper. I have never had one apart, but it works on the same principals.

Many thanks guys, I have replace the seal in the piston - easy job, all I needed was the PN of the dust cover. The Hayabusa.org is the place to be :beerchug::bowdown:

I'am sure it was the bigger dog, she eat here chew proof bed last week :thumbsup:

dogs.jpg

Back