Can I race without overflow bottle?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
I took minE off cause I NEEDED ROOM 4 A HYDRAULIC CLUTCH RELEASE THAT GOES WITH MY DELAYBOX.I rode it 15 miles this weekend with a plug in the hose only a few drops came out when I removed the plug.(A stick I found):whistle: Will it burst off @ track thus trashing the track+ pissing off the officials +other racers?think be ok (say yes cause thats what I want 2 hear)

Thats were that plASTIC JUG WAS

2lb0sow.jpg

IM GOING 2 TOAST THE TREE WITH THAT CROSSOVER BOX YES INDEEDIE!!

.030 OR LOWER EVERY SINGLE SHOT TILL I REACH FINAL THEN GO FOR .009 OR BETTER.

6egod4.jpg

SERIOUSLY IF I DUMP GREEN STUFF THEY WILL BE EYEBALLING ME HARD NEXT LAP.DO IT AGAIN THEY WILL BOOT ME OFF THE TRACK +PROB START HATIN.mabe even rough me up a bit

35irtht.jpg

2zywfia.jpg

1z6quyb.jpg

Last edited:
Why not run just water so if you do dump, dribble, or whatever it can be cleaned easily?

Have you thought about using the overflow from a Gen 2?

Why not run just water so if you do dump, dribble, or whatever it can be cleaned easily?

Have you thought about using the overflow from a Gen 2?

Good points, if your talking about drag racing, I dont think you'll spew much in 9 seconds, and even if you do, you should be running water, Water Wetter or some other track approved coolant anyway.

Good Luck!

You can also use an oil bottle. Cut a hole in the cap just big enough to put the hose in,then zip tie on both sides of the oil cap on the hose tight.Now you have pleanty of room n no one ill ever see it behind the fairing.

just make sure you get the hose all the way to the bottom and put a dash of water in the container to keep the hose covered. :beerchug:

You can also use an oil bottle. Cut a hole in the cap just big enough to put the hose in,then zip tie on both sides of the oil cap on the hose tight.Now you have pleanty of room n no one ill ever see it behind the fairing.

I'm thinking this is a joke? Am I correct?

If not, then by no means hit the track with a plug in the radiator overflow, especially with antifreeze. Getting booted off the track is the least of your worries. Antifreeze is equally as slippery as oil. Your plug will work just fine until the heat in the radiator espands enough to pop open the relief valve in your radiator cap. At that point either your plug or your drip hose will be spit off and you will get a shot of the slippery stuff pissin out all over including your rear tire. Can you spell "AssBustinTime"!

Bad idea dude! Bad idea!

A good friend of mine tried racing without a catch tank, he crashed when his tire got 'oiled' from the overflow. Of course after the dust settled his bike was so wadded that he didn't have to worry about getting booted from the next lap. Rig a catch tank or worrying about racing may be your last concern.

You definitely need some form of overflow.

I busted on while at an AMA Drag Race a couple years ago. I have no idea how, but it developed a crack and a leak. The quick fix I used was a Monster energy can. After that, I had a friend weld me an aluminum overflow. It was thinner, and smaller than the factory.

I think it was pulled off the Turbo bike last year. If I can find it in my buddy's shop I will ship it to you. It will take a couple days for me to get over there though.

I guess thats what I will do mabe just SMALL PLASTIC BOTTLE..
I rode it 15 miles last weekend took plug out around 3-4 drops came out thats it.remember im dragracing not road racing.I would rather be safe than sorry.I got 1 more weekend before track opens I will get on it this weekend.thanks 4 advice

Last edited:
drag racing is a lot of torcher on the bike and that strain can cause a lot to happen, even in just 8 or 9 seconds... I would have something there, cause when the cap opens that is gonna push your little stick right out and go everywhere, but defiantly run only water with maybe water wetter in it

Back