Pictures of License plate brackets mounted on the bike

Installed 2 "L" brackets on rear of undertail.

Busa%20Back.JPG

this is old but i had it bolted to the rear set with the exhaust bracket. But now i have it vertical mounted on the rear axle no pics yet...

DSCN3214.jpg

I'm going to have to do something like the "L-bracket" for my sons bike. From reading another post, the guy popped out 2 of those plastic pins towards the end of the underail (bottom). Then he used rubbers washers and bolts to hold the "L" brackets / undertail up. Local bike shop has LED lights that double as the screws that hold the plate on.

Will stop at hardware store on the way home and pick up some items. Wish I could of done the vertical mount but thanks to FL's recently passed laws...

Last edited:
I searched ebay for "2008 hayabusa tag bracket" and found this one,

Very nice alu precision cut tag bracket, mounted perfectly, had a small home in top center that I mounted a lit/bolt led in...

That way I am completely NC legal baby...

A few pics so you can get the idea...

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

Last edited:
Pic after the 330 and air-ride.:laugh:
Now you see it....now you dont.
It bolted to back of the battery box with reflector bolts and a 6 LED strip over top for light.

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

Mine is mounted on the swingarm and the state inspection is on the back side. It's not technically 100% legal here in VA, but I've had state police beind me and even had a buddy pulled while riding my Busa, they ran the tags, etc and no one said a word about it...

sm_horg_busa.JPG

MyBusaFavView_stickers.jpg

That is BAD AZZ!:thumbsup:

Thanks...I have been pulled over here in MD, but they never said anything about the tag:whistle:. A Bud has it in the same place and he was actualy pulled over for it and given verbal warning.

Before the Fatty..it was on a chain guard that also had a plate mount on it. Like this. THen I had to move it after the air-ride and first install of the HMF dual cans. Move it to the right side end of swingarm ( sorry no pics of it ). I bent the bracket so the tag was snuggled close to the rear wheel. HEre see in the second pic...look close.

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN1108.jpg

check your state and local laws, moving the tag from the stock location may bring unwanted attention and hefty fines/or impound. Some I have seen on the org are not legal here, regardless of the state they are registered in.
You may violate laws in another state.
Mount it horizontal on the rear, light it with a white light and have a red reflector on the rear.
Each violation here is $200. You can easily earn $600 in fines for improperly mounting your license plate.
It is rare any one is hassled over this, why invite trouble. If the tag is hard to read, you will probably be stopped and at minimum told to fix it.

Good luck.

with my tag the way it is, me and two friends were riding after church up on the US Parkway, and we all three got pulled, I was leading the "speeding" pack, well I got the speeding ticket and they both got tickets for impropper tag placement, Federal regulations I guess...

they both had thiers up under the tail in front of the rear tire, the officer(s) gave them a lot of crap and said it should be like mine.:laugh: but I still got the speeding ticket...Even thogh i was the example for them, lol...

I've had the plate mounted all over the bike....finally settled on the below pics....and I love it there.....even room for passenger foot if needed. It's never in the way and never been stopped by police for its location (I xeroxed the Nevada lic plate mounting location law and carry it with my registration!) Raydog

P1010360.JPG

lic plate mount007.JPG

Mines on my undertail infront of my tire.You can actually see it from behind.It is bent but still hangs straight.I know its not exactly legal but it is a cleaner look.:thumbsup:

Back