A family of % on one motorcycle

Relsek

Registered
I was in the Dominican Republic last week, what a site. I saw as many as 5 people at a time riding one bike. I have some interesting photos. Check out my web page and you can read about the whole trip. Click on Dominican Republic. Here are some pictures

Dominican_Republic_2004_0013.JPG

They used bikes for everything. I even saw someone hauling a portable generator strapped onto the rear seat.
laugh.gif

Dominican_Republic_2004_0025.JPG

Kevin -

Were you there on a mission trip?

No helmets, no protective gear.. however how fast do people go? I would imagine you dont see too many people breaking land speed records there do you?

laugh.gif
Reminds me when i was in Thailand. i seen upto 4 people on one bike... and actually spotted 2 busa's one all black and a silver and blue.

Same in Korea, though they like to stack things as high as possible on the back of theirs. Haven't been in about 3 years, but don't remember seeing any Busas. Wasn't really thinking about Busas back then either, so who knows!
rock.gif

Kevin -

Were you there on a mission trip?

No helmets, no protective gear.. however how fast do people go? I would imagine you dont see too many people breaking land speed records there do you?
I saw a few people using hard hats for helmets, i think the top speed of most of those bike is probably about 35. Most cars and buses don't travel much more than about 60. If you click on the link to my web page, it will tell you all about why I was there.

Kevin
wink.gif

I've been to asia a couple times and rented sport bikes in many countries including thailand. It's a blast and cheap. I rented an r6 last year for around $12/day and rode around thailand. Asian traffic and roads tho are quite dangerous. It is not for the faint of heart.

thrash, in 3rd world countries bikes are the major mode of personal transport around urban areas. Roads blow (often dirt/gravel) and traffic is horrendous. In most places going 20-30MPH is a stretch. Run of the mill inhabitants depending on the country earn anywhere from 20-200USD a month-- and the thought of protective gear is not on the radar. A lot of folks are starting to wear 1/2 helmets tho I've noticed recently.

Back