Riding in AZ not so friendly today

lilbcollins

Registered
Ok, please to try to hold the finger pointing to a minimum, I KNOW I SCREWED UP.

Bretts busa went down today, completely my fault, I was using the rear brake a little too agressively and the rear locked up. Rear of the bike Started sliding sideways. At this point I'm thinking Ride it out, getting off the brake could cause a high side. So I rode it out, and the back tire fell off of the side of the road. This wasn't all that bad, but they stacked big rocks....like 1/4 the size of the busa along side of the road. Front wheel hit big rock, and the bus comes to a stop. Insurance will be notified on Mon. and we'll see what happens from there.

If we end up eating it, and not making a claim all free parts will be put to good use.

We will need at minimum:
Header
Starter gear cover
right side plastics. (upper will probably be fixed not replaced"
Front fender
front turn signals

We'll know more on Monday after insurance has been contacted.
Please be gentle with the lashings.

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

Dude...are you OK?

Sorry to hear about this event...I'm sure it'll put a different spin on the other things you'd hoped to do while in AZ.

I might have my front directionals that I can donate. Will look tonight.

Looking forward to your reply, yo...ARE YOU OK?

I'm ok, This whole thing happened at about 20mph. I've got a goose-egg on my elbow, and about a quarter sized road rash on my left wrist. Thank GOD for riding gear. Oh and I think I picked up a pretty good sunburn waiting for Brett to get here...but that's to be expected

Glad to hear from you brother! The good thing is you can put this experience on your riding resume'.

Okay... I am glad you are OK. I won't say anything here, I'll save it for when I meet you.

I'm going to give Brett a call in a few.

Ouch that's hard to look at. Glad you walked away. May want to check the forks too.

Not your bike?

Man, that so sucs! Hope the damage is contained to what you can see in the pics. Glad that your injuries are minor and hope the same can be said when Brett finishes with you. :laugh:

Its Brett, My brother (justanova)'s bike. I'm on vacation, he was nice enough to let me ride it, and see what happens....

Sorry to hear that for both of you. That's a heavy burden to bear. 100 times worse than bustin' up your own. Glad it was the bike not you.

Its Brett, My brother (justanova)'s bike. I'm on vacation, he was nice enough to let me ride it, and see what happens....

Holy crap, this is why I Hate borrowing anything. Bad things bound to happen. A friend offered me his truck and boat for tomorrow and I was very hesitant to accept so I left it open. I got home and read your post and realized that I will pass on borrowing anything as I have to be prepared to pay for any damage incurred and, I can't. Glad you are OK! Glad you posted as I took it as a sign:bowdown:

Dave

Back