people always trying to flex on me

yeah i like all types of bikes sport or not...but it does seem like the harley and some of the custom chopper guys are always talking about "i can run down low on you because of all the torque my 1970 design motor puts out" lol

Loud exhaust does cause brain damage after an extended period of time, I always cut those choppers some slack when they give me the "I can stomp on anything out there crap."

Awesome stories you guys. OK, here's mine.....I go to the "Streets of Thunder" dyno drags....all Harley, and get in line. When my turn comes up, I was pitted with a full blown out bagger with 110 cu inches and straight pipes....AND an ALL Harley CROWD!
The announcer starts saying stuff on the PA like, "We have some Jap muscle challenging a big bore Hawg people!" People come from all the booths, big crowd.
We get strapped down and I really didn't know what my Busa would sound like in one place GOING THROUGH ALL SIX GEARS SPEEDSHIFTING AT 11,000 rpm!
Let's just say....you could barely hear the Harley!
After we shut down the announcer guy says, "ladies and gentleman...the Harley...110 hp,105 lbs torque.....128 mph.....(crowd cheers)......the Hayabusa....ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE HORSEPOWER, ONE HUNDRED AND SIX POUNDS OF TORQUE, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR!!! The crowd went crazy with those numbers.

OK, I admit, I was riding on an ego cloud....it was fun.
In defense of the Harley crowd, they were really friendly after all that. Doyle

P1000664.JPG

P1000669.JPG

P1000671.JPG

Sorry that it happened to you and I know I probably shouldn't buttttttt DUDE ThAT WAS FLIPPIN THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people just don't get it. Choppers are for show most of the time. You don't see Spies racing a chopper do ya. I mean wow. CONGRATS... Sorry to let go you all. That was funny as hell and way to put it in his face. Seriously....

I can't get anyone to play with me.... It's all fun and games till they see the kanji then it's over, they don't even want to try it. :sneaky2:

I seem to run into EVERY viper in Nw ohio and southern MI, some reason they think they can take a Gen 1. I dont get it.

Ok, true story here, an oldie, not on a Busa, but at least a Suzuki. In this case, my GS550E in college, circa 1980. I'm at a party, been chatting up this good looking girl. Yeah, I know she's the girl of that Harley guy over there, but they were all good folks and I wasn't doing anything disrespectful. So the party's winding down and they decide to go to some bar before closing time and the guy is cool and asks if I want to come. What the h3ll, and I ask my bud (on his screamin' Kawi 400 twin!) if he wants to come.

We're all riding and the Harley guys are goosin' it, so for grins I snick my Suzook down two gears and blast past them, then slow down to let them lead, 'cause I don't know where we're going anyway. Well, the boyfriend rides past me, then kind of drifts across the lane and slowing, making it known he wants me to stop. I'm too stupid to realize I might be about to get an azz kicking so I stop.

His girlfriend gets off. He gets off and he is pissed. I start apologizing all over the place, and he is yelling that we are going to settle this, and I'm saying "Hey, I didn't mean any trouble. Why don't you guys go your way and we'll go ours." Nope, that's not good enough, but instead of the butt kickin' I'm expecting, he says we're gonna race. I'm still saying, no, that's ok, we really don't need to, but he's insisting and his buds all start razzing me and telling me how much money he's got in his motor and he's gonna smoke my azz.

What the h3ll. Ok. We line up on this empty straight two lane with one of his buds in the middle with his hands up, we're talkin' American Graffitti here. Hands drop, Harley guy gets a good launch and mine sucks. He's maybe 20 feet ahead of me as I'm wringing out first gear, then second and I'm gaining fast, then passing as I snick into third. And then I hear him chop the throttle and drop back. I do a U-turn and ride back and he's yelling "I smoked my clutch. I smoked my gawd@mned clutch."

Believe it or not, we went to the bar with those Harley guys. I bought two shots of Jack and we drank them together. I stayed clear of the girlfriend. When no one was paying much attention, I elbowed my buddy and we slipped out and rode home.

It's just EGO brother... don't even worry about people like that... That just proves how awesome this bike is, because EVERYBODY wants a piece of it (so they think)...

It's OK to put them in their place from time to time and show them that the BUSA is still king :laugh:

+1000000000 :thumbsup:

Awesome stories you guys. OK, here's mine.....I go to the "Streets of Thunder" dyno drags....all Harley, and get in line. When my turn comes up, I was pitted with a full blown out bagger with 110 cu inches and straight pipes....AND an ALL Harley CROWD!
The announcer starts saying stuff on the PA like, "We have some Jap muscle challenging a big bore Hawg people!" People come from all the booths, big crowd.
We get strapped down and I really didn't know what my Busa would sound like in one place GOING THROUGH ALL SIX GEARS SPEEDSHIFTING AT 11,000 rpm!
Let's just say....you could barely hear the Harley!
After we shut down the announcer guy says, "ladies and gentleman...the Harley...110 hp,105 lbs torque.....128 mph.....(crowd cheers)......the Hayabusa....ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE HORSEPOWER, ONE HUNDRED AND SIX POUNDS OF TORQUE, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR!!! The crowd went crazy with those numbers.

So who won the race?????? :rofl::rofl:

Last season I was up on the Interprovincial Highway (like an Interstate) riding home from Halifax. It was mid week, early evening, so there was almost no traffic. I was making good time averaging just under 100 mph, when I noticed a late nineties Mustang Cobra closing in on me.
Immediately, I paniced and figured (while I hadn't known the RCMP to ever have one) it had to be a Police car. I slowly rolled off of the throttle and waited for the lights to come on. But he kept coming. And I waited. And he kept coming, and still no lights. Now I've slowed to about 70 mph and shiffted down to fourth gear, and he's right behind me. I'm sure I can feel the heat from his engine.
Now he's sliding out from behind me and starting to pull along side. Black Car. Blacked out windows. Gun Metal Wheels. I start to roll back into the throttle and in seconds were back to 100 mph. I position myself in front just enough so I can see him beeside me and in the mirror. I'm now the carrot!
I pull him along, letting him think he's gonna run me down. We're now at what looks like 160 mph or so on the speedo. We've been at this for several minutes and I'm getting nervous about meeting a police car, and that would just spoil everything. We crest a hill and all I can see is a long empty stretch of highway.
Time to end this.
Twist and Click! Twist and Click!
Goodbye!

Once in a great while, you have to pull the trigger.

Kinda like the guy here that I know who always talke sh*t about how fast this POS camaro he has is. Usually he waits for a crowd of people then stats flapping his gums about how my bike is slow compared to his, etc...

Well i finally called him out on it, and he (of course) couldnt run me that day because his timing was off. The next time i saw him i called him out again, and that time he couldnt run because his tires were worn....

The excuses never end.

Oh and theres ALWAYS some jerkoff whos cousins brothers gfs dad has a car in their garage that will absloutely SMOKE any bike out there, but its always either in another state or not put back together just yet.

I usually say that its probably apart because he blew it up trying to race a bike like mine.
andy if your talking about kyle in the redish burgandy camaro with the double shot of nos, he wont run us because I spanked him on a cbr 600 2 summers ago

ok, so I just repainted my nissan skyline for some street races. I was headed cross country to Florida to see some action. On the way I pulled up to 3 busa's!! They wanted to go but I laid back. They ended up getting pretty mad and just hit the gas and left me in their dust. BUT later down the road they were ALL pulled over by a cop, it was great.

oh wait, that was a movie, nevermind.

:rofl: :rofl: <----- The Camaro description. :laugh: :laugh:

It must be like a pre-req for some of these azzhats to drive a Camaro. :whistle:

the Hayabusa....ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE HORSEPOWER, ONE HUNDRED AND SIX POUNDS OF TORQUE, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR!!! The crowd went crazy with those numbers.

Great story, great photos!

It dosent end. I had a 1972 Kawasaki "Mach One" 500cc two stroke triple, that I loved to blow the Harley Sportster and Honda 750 guys away on & this was back in 72. They laughed at the two stroke ringy dingy sound until the light turned green. :laugh: That thing would still blow a Hardley off the road too. :poke: :rofl:

I don't know where people on oRg live, but that BS does not seem to happen around here --- I get nothing but compliments. Maybe people here do know what a Busa is --- To the OP, I hope people grow a couple of IQ points where you live. What an asshat that guy was/is... :moon:

Coming from a future owner, You guys that own Busa's don't realize how cool it is to see them opened up. I have a high 9 second mustang, and out on the road, it gets boring playing with other cars. Sure, every now and then you run across a comparably fast car, but its rare. Bikes offer more of a challenge. I can outrun some 600's with most riders, but I will play whenever I can. I know I can't hang with a 1000, or a 'Busa, but I will sure as hell try. :beerchug:

Back