Pack job For those that tour show us your pics

mine is a Gen. I but these can be purchased for a Gen. II also...Ventura luggage system, Icon Urban Tank Bag/Back Pack, Throttlemeister, and a Puig DB screen...i also put on an 18 tooth front sprocket

IMG_1358 (Large).jpg

Look close at the pic, green painters tape on my grab rail, took the roll with me in case I needed to reapply.

Now that is one of the best suggestions for protection I have heard being posted. Makes me feel silly for not having thought of it myself.

:thumbsup:

Mine's a gen 1 also but I've got the First Gear Silverstone stuff.
Worked great for my trip to Eureka Springs - thanks to Semi/MsSemi for the pic...

ride home.jpg

I used painters tape on painted surfaces where the bags might touch the paint.
After I returned from the trip, just pulled the tape off.
Also can use some clear protective film. Used this on the headlight and front of the fairing.
Removed it later.
Look close at the pic, green painters tape on my grab rail, took the roll with me in case I needed to reapply.

+1

My old bike I was using bags that didn’t have the foam like liner that rest against the bike so the result was rubbed scuffed paint, I used the three part Meguiars system (cleaner that takes out the scratches, polish, then wax) and it came right out. So now my new bags have he foam protector but I still use Blue Painters tap to cover the side of the bike. Easy to put on and easier to take off. I never mount bags with out it. You can barley see the tape in this pic. If you look close you can see I covered all the straps that could come into contact with the bike with seat belt pads you get form the auto part store. I just bought a couple and cut them to fit….. Just in case.

100_2737a.JPG

Took my first weekend trip on the 08. Glad I had Soupy's 1" risers. I need a taller screen, thinking the tall ZG screen . Also need a throttle lock, I couldn’t make the NEP I had work and I don’t like the feel of the o-ring lock. Can’t wait for my next trip :thumbsup:

Would like to see your Gen2 touring set up.

Thanks.

Do you tour with that exhaust? How is it for you...

I have the same Hot Bodies tips and want to try a trip half way across the US,

Does it get old for you?

:brave:

Question for you guys that run the Ventura pack set-up,

Do you have problems with the zippers pulling apart or the inner seams coming undone, fraying and such.

This seems to be the direction I might be headed for my trip.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck with those shorty pipes and running long distance... hope you got some good earplugs...

Even these Microns got old after a few hundred miles.. This pic was one part of a 2500 mile 3 day run.. (Caps house)

DSCN3234.JPG

Do you tour with that exhaust? How is it for you...

I have the same Hot Bodies tips and want to try a trip half way across the US,

Does it get old for you?

Should use ear plugs no matter what, but I use.....

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•6i Isolator Earphones

With the foam tips. With these you only have to put your I-pod type player at 2 or 3 not 8 or 10

I love them and a must for road trips. Cancels out outside noise and I can hear my music and gps with no problems. never travel without them.

Last edited:
Question for you guys that run the Ventura pack set-up, Do you have problems with the zippers pulling apart or the inner seams coming undone, fraying and such.This seems to be the direction I might be headed for my trip.Thanks in advance.:brave:
No Problems :beerchug:

ventura_001.jpg

Question for you guys that run the Ventura pack set-up,

Do you have problems with the zippers pulling apart or the inner seams coming undone, fraying and such.

This seems to be the direction I might be headed for my trip.

Thanks in advance.

i haven't had any problems at all, the system has worked great :beerchug:

Does anyone else have an issue with scratching the sides of the tail using soft saddlebags? I did a few thousand miles with soft saddlebags and it looks cloudy on the sides of the tails section that the saddlebag was resting against. Of course it rained and this may have helped the problem along.

3M makes a plastic coating that is sticky on 1 side and installs excellent.
I did my tank and it is strong and durable and will stop that scuffing.

I bought it from this guy and he was excellent.

eBay Motors: 12"x24" 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Bra - Clear (item 300293054905 end time Mar-12-09 23:22:24 PDT)

Should use ear plugs no matter what, but I use.....

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•6i Isolator Earphones

With the foam tips. With these you only have to put your I-pod type player at 2 or 3 not 8 or 10

I love them and a must for road trips. Cancels out outside noise and I can hear my music and gps with no problems. never travel without them.

I have a set of Big ears as is, but sometimes I just want ear plugs, and the exhaust can still drone some and fatigues you a little...

I never go without any ear protection...:thumbsup:

Does anyone else have an issue with scratching the sides of the tail using soft saddlebags? I did a few thousand miles with soft saddlebags and it looks cloudy on the sides of the tails section that the saddlebag was resting against. Of course it rained and this may have helped the problem along.

Ouch ! That one side is screwed... I use blue painters masking tape before I place the bags on.

Epic trip 3 024b.jpg

epic-May07 001b.jpg

epic-May07 040b.jpg

Here is a question,

Can the SW-Motec rack and side cases be mounted with just the 3-positions and still be strong?

I have a fender removal on my 08 and don't want to use the rear mud flap unless I amsolutely have to. I see the third mount seems to be off the rear exhaust bolt where the pass peg is...

What do you guys think?

Here is a question,

Can the SW-Motec rack and side cases be mounted with just the 3-positions and still be strong?

I have a fender removal on my 08 and don't want to use the rear mud flap unless I amsolutely have to. I see the third mount seems to be off the rear exhaust bolt where the pass peg is...

What do you guys think?

Mine seem OK with just the 3, but if the bags are heavy they may vibrate.
I chose to modify the mount on the exhaust side to make it have 4 points, just to be safe.

Guess I may just work with the Ventura system, It's cheaper and will do the job. I have issues with how far back it sits though. Thier web page shows it right over the pass seat, and some of the pics members have up it sits farther back than that.???

Guess I may just work with the Ventura system, It's cheaper and will do the job. I have issues with how far back it sits though. Thier web page shows it right over the pass seat, and some of the pics members have up it sits farther back than that.???

Go to their web sight and watch the short video. It can go over the seat or off the back........ what ever you want.

I may look into one myself, I would like to hit the dragon on of these days.

I definitely like the look of the Busa's touring. Reallynice looking setups. Wardie

Back