My Costa Rica pix. Some good stuff!

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
As promised, I got a lot of good pix from my trip. I hope you guys/gals enjoy them as much as I enjoyed Costa rica. I only wish I had my busa with me cause the mountain roads are just beautiful for riding twisty's.
We stayed at Marlene's cousin Juan Carlos' place for the week. He is a Dr. in Vertinary. He works for WSPA (World society for protection of animals)
When natural disasters happen, his job is to fly out to the site, set up operations and run a makeshift place to care for any animals effected by the crisis.

He is one of the most influential, charming and an around great person I have encountered in my life. He was basically our tour guide for the week. He had just left Bankock Tailand and flew to Boston to stay with us for a couple of days prior to heading to Costa Rica. He got to see a bit of snow prior to us leaving.
He dont spend much time at his apartment so it was very basic. In fact, in Costa rica, most dont even have hot running water! For showers, they have a special thermal electric shower head.
All houses have bars or metal gates on the windows. I think it is more a custom than to fight crime tho.

So please enjoy the pix, and I ask that you let me finish posting all pix before posting. pleeze?
I got a lot of them, and you will know when i am done because I will save the nice sunsets for last.... Enjoy my friends.

Getting ready to leave boston. snow storm the day of the flight! Marlenes brother john (on right) got elected to drive us to the airport. BTW, he is a Captain who flies passenger jets!
P3010025.jpg

J/C Juan Carlos

P3010026.jpg

J/C's apt.
newpikkies003.jpg

His front door!
newpikkies006.jpg

His stove! LOL
newpikkies007.jpg

Here is the shower!
newpikkies008.jpg

Brunch at a place called Strawberrys
newpikkies009.jpg

I found a "Bimbo" along the way! haha
newpikkies013.jpg

Downtown San Jose'
newpikkies019.jpg

newpikkies020.jpg

newpikkies021.jpg

The open market Some good stuff here!
newpikkies025.jpg

newpikkies026.jpg

newpikkies028.jpg

J/C and Marlene
newpikkies029.jpg

Sum Bongs for sale
newpikkies030.jpg

These are Carrots!!
newpikkies031.jpg

Here are the thermal heaters I talked about! LOL
newpikkies033.jpg

A typical bike transpo there.
newpikkies034.jpg

Me and the "Colonel" haha
newpikkies039.jpg

newpikkies040.jpg

This is where Marlene grew up with 6 other brothers! A shack if I say so myself!!
newpikkies052.jpg

We found Christ along the way in the mountains...
newpikkies053.jpg

In the Mountains..
newpikkies056.jpg

newpikkies059.jpg

Milking a cow on the side of the mountain..
newpikkies060.jpg

newpikkies062.jpg

newpikkies063.jpg

newpikkies064.jpg

A German puppy.
newpikkies065.jpg

marlenepix076-1.jpg

marlenepix077.jpg

This place we had lunch was amazing! 30 yrs ago, a guy left his business card there.... This is the result!!!!
marlenepix087.jpg

marlenepix083.jpg

marlenepix093.jpg

marlenepix094.jpg

marlenepix097.jpg

marlenepix094.jpg

marlenepix096.jpg

We left an autographed Patriots shirt and more...
marlenepix102.jpg

marlenepix094.jpg

Another place we stopped and had lunch...
newpikkies078.jpg

typical plate of costa rican food...
newpikkies080.jpg

oxon wagon.
newpikkies079.jpg

We rented a cabin in the mountains for the night at the Volcano. Weather conditions did not let us see it, but the Hot springs were very nice!

newpikkies094.jpg

marlenepix137.jpg

marlenepix141.jpg

I can't see the pictures at work bro, but I am glad you had a good time. :beerchug:

Roadside shopping for goodies!
photo.jpg

Bird of paradise
newpikkies093.jpg

newpikkies096.jpg

J/C's dog "Melina"
marlenepix016.jpg

marlenepix018.jpg

Downtown San Jose'
marlenepix042.jpg

marlenepix037.jpg

This truck tried to make the bridge! He had traffic in the mountains all backed up. A few guys on moto's tried to go around, I had to help this guy out by clearing sum rocks for him. Nothing like helping out a fellow biker!
newpikkies121.jpg

newpikkies123.jpg

marlenepix231.jpg

J/C and Sylvia. One of many gurlfriends.
marlenepix111.jpg

J/C and Marlene.
marlenepix121.jpg

Marlene's cousins house.
marlenepix134.jpg

Some oxen
newpikkies160.jpg

marlenepix298.jpg

Back