Votes: 97 46.2%
  • helmet gloves jacket boots armour

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • NONE its for sissies!!!

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Full leathers etc

Votes: 49 23.3%

• Total voters
Helmet, leather jacket with armor, gloves, boots, and earplugs.
Matching leather pants with armor on weekends and group rides.
Icon Superduty pants when I'm by myself just putting around.

It's kills me too when you see the guys in tank tops, shorts and flip-flops/sandals.
I guess they never crashed or know anyone that has.???

WEAR YOUR GEAR!

It's kills me too when you see the guys in tank tops, shorts and flip-flops/sandals.

There's alot of that around here. And we have no helmet law, so that makes it a little worse. But they do require eye protection! :thumbsup:

Personaly, I always wore a jacket, gloves, helmet, jeans, and boots. Felt naked without gear on. My buddies used to give me a hard time about putting on my helmet to move the bikes around at the gas station or where ever, but it doesn't take that hard of a hit/fall on your head to kill ya or put you in a coma

Grandpa Ranger :whistle:

post-6-69387-June08_076b.jpg

Gloves, boots, armored jacket + pants, helmet, etc. Been in three bike wrecks in the past 40 years....

Everything, always, even when posing on battleships. Raydog

P1010489.JPG

P1010528.JPG

MF1A1503.jpg

yea i wear everything ever since my dad wrecked last fathers day, slid belly first under a guard rail between the post and stopped right before a drop off, he has been the GEAR MAN since i started riding and it saved his faced and skin didnt do much for the ribs tho :laugh:
here what was left of the bike oh and he just had brand new custom shocks put on like 2 wks earlier, but he is alive and still riding... :beerchug::beerchug:

100_0878.jpg

0614080841a.jpg

0614080847.jpg

0614080841.jpg

dude you havent seen humidity till you come further south!!!! anyway i wear jeans jacket, helmet, and gloves to work.

jacket helmet, jeans, summer.

when its 100* if its a short ride just a helmet with jeans and shirt, long jeans mesh jacket, helmet, and vented joe rocket gloves.....

Amen to that. i have 2 jackets, 1 full textile and the other mesh, so it weather depending on the jacket. The helmet, jeans, boots and gloves are a must for me, i just feel naked without them. Can't do leathers, its just too damn hot in TX for them.

Last edited:
Can't do leathers, its just too damn hot in TX for them.

I did Death Valley and Phoenix in full leathers summer of 07. Drink plenty of water in wear good perforated gear. Wet your t-shirt and it will feel almost like AC when you ride. The only time you will get hot is if you stop.

Unrelated, but I also spent a month in the Gobi Desert in July and part of August wearing full camo gear, riding in a big steel box with no AC. Drink lots of water and you will be able to tolerate more heat than you think you can.

I commute wearing a one-piece textile suit that has Knox Armor in all the same places my Komodo leathers do. I also wear good boots, gloves, and an Arai helmet.

All other times I wear full leathers (Teknic or Komodo), boots, gloves, and an Arai or an OGK helmet.

to the store i wear tee shirt and shorts gloves full face helmet and shoes to work or any where further i and my textile jacket with armor and for real riding it is 1pc field shear leathers and boots

2 pc leather and full gear all the time. No other way. No way. O.K. I ride with jeans instead of a leather pants, but only rarely. I regret every time for my lack of discipline.

I never ride without armor. Ive seen my fair share of fatal accidents and frankly riding without protection scares me. Sometimes i might take a quick run with a helmet jacket and gloves and boots on. Mostly i throw some protective armored nylon pants in the mix-or some teflon lined jeans atleast.

Remember o-g gangstas. There's a thing called riding jeans if you dont like heavy armor.

I don't know about all leathers but a helmet,boots,and jacket for sure. I've already had one accident that almost killed me and I'm trying to go through that again. So no matter how hot it is outside I always make sure that I have on those three items.

Back